Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#772 ·
Dirty from riding Mammoth this weekend. The bike was awesome, climbed much better than I expected. Propedal on and planted in the seat, it climbed fine. Standing up to pedal was a bit of a chore though, but I don't do that often.

Anyways, onto the pics of the bike. Recently put on red diety compound pedals.

#777 ·
Made some sweet upgrades to my Diamondback Mission One 27.5. Was having some issues with the Fox Float 32 Evolution Series 150mm fork. Worked with Fox and they eventually hooked me up with a big upgrade.

So now I got a Fox Float 34 Factory Series 160mm fork. Let me tell you what a upgrade it is. Same one that is sold on the Mission Pro.

Also upgraded my handlebars to Race Face Atlas 785mm cut down to 760mm and a Race Face Atlas 50mm, 0 Degree Rise Stem. Cane Creek 40 Series ZS Headset and added some Ergon GE1 grips to top it off.

When I can save more cash I'd like to get a nice set of wheels to shed some more weight but I love this bike.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

#780 ·
I think it would be worth it for sure, but it's near last on my list. I think you did the smart thing by jumping on forks right way. The stock forks were pretty weak. I have promotive access as well and am on the fence with the Manitou Mattoc. I would really like to try the new Marzocchii 350 NCR.

In any case the stock wheels / brakes are the weakest link and have been extremely happy with the Charger Pro SL set. I also went with Hayes Stroker Ace brakes and Discs as well since they were extremely bad.

The guys over at Manitou have been great to me. No complaints here.

#783 ·
My new Response XE, sorry about the horribly fuzzy picture. Already upgraded the rear brake to a BB7 that I had sitting around. I'll be throwing another BB7 on the front, new cables (front is just a little to short for my liking, derailleur housings aren't long enough to route the way I'd like and I might as well do the rear brake while I'm at it). Also going to do new shifters & SD7 levers, although I will probably have to get a new rear cassette at the same time since its only a 7 speed cassette and finding brand new 7 speed shifter is rather difficult.
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

#785 ·
A lot of awesome rides in this thread and some great ideas! I just bought a Hook online earlier today. It should be here in 3-6 days. Super good deal on Sports Authority of all places. 25% off and free shipping! Out the door for a little over $500. I can't wait to get it and start riding again!!! I also have a 08 Response that has been sitting, but will be getting some much needed love soon too. I'll post pics soon as I get it.

#791 ·
2015 DB Mission Pro 27.5 Large
Fox Float X Rear Shock
MRP Stage 170mm Fork
Easton Haven 35mm Carbon Bars
Easton Grips
Easton Haven 70mm stem
Sram XO Trail brakes 180mm
Onyx Racing Products Hubs - 0degree engagement
Sapim CX-Ray spokes
DT Swiss XM-401 Rims
Maxxis DHR II Tires
XX1 Crankset 32T
XX1 Shifter
XX1 Chain
XX1 Cassette
XX1 Rear Der
Rockshox Reverb Post
Selle Italia SL Saddle
Forte Nylon Pedals

31LBS Exactly
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Bicycle fork
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle fork
Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel

#792 ·
Just picked up an Overdrive Sport at a killer deal. Bike will be totally stripped and rebuilt with X9/XO/etc for my race bike this season . Plan to put the parts on another frame and flip it to break even. 4 feet of snow here so in no rush to do it at the moment.
Look for pics soon.....

#794 ·
Mission One 27.5

upgrades:
Cane Creek Forty Headset
Fox Factory Float 160mm with 34mm stanchions
Race Face Atlas 50mm Stem
Race Face Atlas handlebars cut down to 761mm
Thompson Elite Seatpost
Spank Oozy Trail 295 bead bite wheels
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 (Tubeless)
Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.3 (Tubeless)

Only thing left is a to get some extended gearing. Wolf Tooth 42t ring with a one up radr cage and shimano xt cassette.

Attachments

#796 ·
Sweet bike! I've been eyeing the Sync'r myself. How does it ride and are there any complaints you have about it? Also this might be kind of random, but how does the rear hub sound? It sounded pretty nice in Diamondback's promotional video, but I don't know if that is true in real life. I'd love to get your input on the bike as I can't find any reviews of it!