Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#735 ·
Hi, want to introduce myself here in DB forum, i'm from Malaysia land of flying carpet.
i just purchase a DBR frame from a LBS, but unable to find any info about the frame model. As it was an old stock and the owner also not sure what model it was. The decal read Diamondback Unplugged, i plan to build this bike but not sure whether it can accept 120mm fork or not.

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk

#739 ·
Budget FS trail killer, used 2011 diamondback scapegoat frame, slapped on an RP23 and a float 32 150mm, then havoc 750mm bars and a hussefelt 40mm stem. Went single speed in the front, and the rest of the parts are either not interesting/or from an old KHS XC 504. The whole project cost me ~945$ (including special tools, BB, etc) what do you guys think?

edit #1: most interesting mod: the frame was missing the bottom shock bolt... it was 15mm and rare, so I instead got a 1/2 bolt and pressed the shock and suspension bearings with DU bushings (15mm to 12.7mm), got some nylon spacers and a few washers, nut, boom.

edit #2: not show, but i have since installed are avid speed dial 7 levers (the old Hayes MX2 where too beat up) and the e*13 LS1 chain guide (i thought the chain would stay put, lol nope)

I do MX, but love trail riding MTB, so I ditched the hardtail for this, its a little MX inspired :)