Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#800 ·
Yeah, go for it. The brakes are Tektro Genesis hydraulics, which are Tektro's highest end brakes, as far as I've found. I was really surprised at how well they work. I had Performance price match JensonUSA. So, I got the bike for $1080 plus they gave me double points(the $240 I referred to in the last post) on the initial $1200 price. It really made it a great deal.

#805 ·
That's too bad. I've had bad experience with stripped threads on PM forks.

I like the 142x12 spacing of the Hook but would rather have the IS tabs on the Hook/Line.

I'll probably end up picking up a sync'r regardless... whenever promotive gets the mediums back in stock.

#806 ·
Outlook model

Going to be hard to believe but found this Diamondback behind a dumpster at an apartment complex where my girlfriend lives. People move out and leave stuff behind.

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

No kickstand, no dust or dirt on it. Parting line on tires still in place. Tires completely flat but pumped them up and they hold air just fine. Did see a 2006 on a tire I believe.

Posted a question about it but no response. Not familiar with Diamondback bikes.

I ride a KHS with Hill Topper front wheel.

Large flat panel TV was there but did not need it and it worked. Checked it out.

Rich

#812 ·
DB Axis XE

Hello all...

Here's my 2015 (maybe 2014... I really don't know) Diamondback Axis XE that I got from DSG. It's a lower end hardtail but I've managed to make it into a pretty solid rig with just a few little upgrades.

Upgrades so far:
- Custom Splatter Paint Job (to help hide the fact that it was a DSG special ;))
- Raidon Front Fork (did the SR Suntour Upgrade Program)
- 1x8 conversion using a Raceface 32T Chainring
- Nashbar Platform Pedals
- Avid front brake lever

Upgrades needed:
- Wider Handler bar (current bar is only 600mm and it can get real twitchy on the trail)
- Grips
- Brakes (hopefully just a better set of pads will help)
- Tires

Heres my before pic:
Motor vehicle Tire Mode of transport Vehicle Land vehicle

Heres the after :) :
Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel

#821 ·
Here's mine, 15' recoil. Xc32tk fork, havoc carbon bars, crank bros. mallets, Shimano hydro brakes 180/180 rotors, Mavic crossone wheelset, need to upgrade my shock as soon as I get a deal and decide my new drivetrain...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk