Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#919 ·
2011 Diamondback Recoil

2011 Diamondback Recoil

Attachments

#924 ·
Super nice dude!:eekster:. Your making me feel jelly. On my 08' sortie it looks like it is cracking on the bottom of top tube, so look out for that.:madman:. I think I'll get the trek fuel 7 and upgrade it a bit, looks pretty decent. What did you do to it to make it looke so good?
You should contact Diamondback support about the crack in the Sortie frame, they have great support and will most likely discount a new Release bike just to keep you as a customer:)

#939 ·
Watch out!

Sortie? Make sure you don't get any crack, I have the sortie 3 2008 and I have a crack probably due to all the drops, jumps and other thing I do. And it also might be because it is almost ten years old. Check around the top tube because that where I got mine:madman:. Good luck:thumbsup:

#940 ·
Sortie? Make sure you don't get any crack, I have the sortie 3 2008 and I have a crack probably due to all the drops, jumps and other thing I do. And it also might be because it is almost ten years old. Check around the top tube because that where I got mine:madman:. Good luck:thumbsup:
Yep always check the head-tube, down-tube/BB, chain-stay & swing-arm for cracks.
The last couple of bikes I have owned, I have had no issues with the frame cracking or braking. I think this is do to better frame manufacturing and welding process over the last 8 years. It also could be I am getting older/slower and don't punish the frame as much anymore.:ihih:

#946 ·
I'm back

Hey again guys, just got a diamondback mission 2 from Jenson USA. From just one bike ride from my local trails, I can say that this bike is dope. Super stiff front fork being a 36MM STANCTION. Super, super, super stiff and super plush. The newly upgraded slx drivetrain for 2017 is super easy to shift and is super crisp shifting. My dad has the older last year model of slx and you can seriously feel the difference. Shimano said that they had complaints about the shifting being to hard to press or something and they really changed the design and feel of the shifter and mostly the shifter. For the price, this bike is a steal. I got it cheaper because of Black Friday and highly recommend this bike:thumbsup:.

Attachments

#963 ·
My upgrades....

-Swapped out the 2017 fork for the newer 2018 Pike RCT3 Debonair
-MRP chain guide
-2.6 Maxxis DHF up front, 2.6 Maxxis Rekon in the back
-Wolftooth 28T Oval Chainring
-e*thirteen TRS+ 11 Spd Cassette 9-46t

View attachment 1184497
View attachment 1184498
Nicely done - what more could you really want out of a bike than this?
You might've already posted this in another thread, but if not, could you add a pic of the 2.6 recon clearance please? (EDIT - Never mind - saw the post in the other thread)
And......
Where was that top pic taken? Beautiful country, reminds me of North Park in Colorado.

#964 ·
I have two, a Sync'r Pro (Experticity special), and Clutch 2.

Of the two, my favorite is the Sync'r. That bike is just a blast! I have made a few upgrades. Put a 180 rotor in the rear and upgraded both to ice tech, added XT brakes and an XTR rear derailleur, put a wolftooth dropper remote on it, 165mm Canfield crank, raceface sixc carbon bars, and added ODI rogue grips. Running a vigilante tire upfront and breakout in the rear.

The Clutch I have absolutely no complaints about other than the weight. But that bike climbs! I kinda wish I had gotten the release 3 but I didn't want another dark bike with blue accents (what was with the blue in many 2017 bikes anyway?) but I would have liked a higher seat post and upgraded components. Only upgrades I have made is a raceface next bar and turbine dropper remote. Oh, and I have a monarch plus debonair I'm about to put on there too. Eventually I want to go tubeless but don't want to waste perfectly good tires. So I'll ride the Hans dampf out until they die. I'm also trying to find ways to lighten it up but it will cost a bit I'm sure.

I get a lot of compliments on both bikes. I need a recent pic of the Sync'r with the upgrades.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

#967 ·
I have two, a Sync'r Pro (Experticity special), and Clutch 2.

Of the two, my favorite is the Sync'r. That bike is just a blast! I have made a few upgrades. Put a 180 rotor in the rear and upgraded both to ice tech, added XT brakes and an XTR rear derailleur, put a wolftooth dropper remote on it, 165mm Canfield crank, raceface sixc carbon bars, and added ODI rogue grips. Running a vigilante tire upfront and breakout in the rear.

The Clutch I have absolutely no complaints about other than the weight. But that bike climbs! I kinda wish I had gotten the release 3 but I didn't want another dark bike with blue accents (what was with the blue in many 2017 bikes anyway?) but I would have liked a higher seat post and upgraded components. Only upgrades I have made is a raceface next bar and turbine dropper remote. Oh, and I have a monarch plus debonair I'm about to put on there too. Eventually I want to go tubeless but don't want to waste perfectly good tires. So I'll ride the Hans dampf out until they die. I'm also trying to find ways to lighten it up but it will cost a bit I'm sure.

I get a lot of compliments on both bikes. I need a recent pic of the Sync'r with the upgrades.
I was thinking of upgrading the rear rotor on my Sync'r Pro to a 180 as well. Was it as simple as just putting the rotor in, or will I need an adapter and/or new brake as well? Thanks!

#966 ·
My 2015 Atroz Comp (Nashbar version). Upgraded wheels to RaceFace Aeffect with WTB tires running tubeless. 180mm discs front and back, and 11-40t cassette. changed the grips and pedals and that is about it. Weighs 30lbs without pedals. Soon to be replaced with a Release 4C but still love this bike.
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim