Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#55 ·
Not quite done yet, but here it is:

It's an 05 DBR Axis. I bought the frame on ebay and I'm trying to build it up on the cheap. I just want it for a nice little trail bike. I even used two right-handed Avid 1.9 brake levers, since the price was right!

I've got everything it needs except a 9speed cassette. That'll have to wait until after finals.

#58 ·
My local grocery getter

Submitted for your approval, here's one of four "Pathfinder" concept bikes assembled for the 1998 Interbike show.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

All four featured torsion spring rear suspension (technology borrowed from tank track tensioners and travel trailers), mated to the MountainCruiser look from the popular Voyager models of that time.

The torsion spring, while not great for performance riding, provided a very smooth ride. There were preload adjustment issues that needed to be sorted out before production, and a couple of these show bikes were accidentally powder coated and cured with the rubber spring still installed, leading to softer than planned (read slightly melted) spring rates.

The Pathfinder Town model pictured has a Shimano Nexus Auto D drivetrain, hub roller rear brake and Formula mechanical disc front, and custom Pathfinder tires with Hot Wheels inspired red stripes.

The Pathfinder Country model, which was colored in a less well-liked crimson and silver two-tone finish, used a more traditional Shimano Nexave derailleur drivetrain, with a custom aluminum rear rack and hub roller brakes front and rear.

Diamondback was sold to Raleigh in the following winter, and these designs were never pursued for production.

If you ever see another Diamondback like these, let me know. It would be cool to get them back together after so many years apart.

Cheers,
The Kid

#67 ·
The bike is a DH bike no granny gear,9speed,the bike shop I bought it from said it was built up for their store from the rep.They had 2 and a friend bought the other,I saw the same frame set-up on www.pinkbike.com and the guy lives in victria BC 4sale his ad reads frame built in England from a custom builder.The frt shock is a Top Gun Elephant seen the 4sales from a company in Chile.The bike has the same Geometry as a azonic but the rear shock mount is a little different..........

#71 ·
my mid-90's (?) diamond back racing apex. built it from the frame up.....but i just got a used topanga frame (aluminum) that i'm going to switch to for the disc brake option. steel has been good to me though!!

#72 ·
My rig

Frame: Diamond Back Topanga Comp
Wheels: Spinergy Xcyclone Disc
Tires: Slime Tubeless
Front Derailler: Shimano XT
Rear Derailler: Shimano XT 9sp
Fork: Manitou Black 100-120mm elite TPC
Headset:Cane Creek zero stack headset
Stem: Answer
Handlebar: Weyless Carbon Fiber
Shifters: SRAM attack 27 speed
Rear Brakes: Promax Hydrolic Disc
Front: Hayes mechanical disc
Grips: Lizard Skins
Seatpost: Forte Precision Carbon Fiber
Seat: Selle Royal
Crank: Shimano XT (need a more current pic)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Octalink
Pedals: crank brothers

#73 ·
nice topanga! i stripped all the parts off the bike i posted above and i'm building up a topanga frame i got off ebay with an axel comp fork on it. putting a heavier spring and new oil in the axel made it *much* better.

i'm still saving for disc brakes since it will require replacing the wheels as well......and that should complete what i'm doing. except that i may swap out my use xcr suspension post for a thudbuster since i'm getting some side to side play in the u.s.e.

i'll post a pic in just a bit of what i've got built up so far.