Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

My Mission Pro

Recently upgraded from a Sortie 2 and it is epic!!!!!Post pictures of your DiamondBack-1465341_10202248971685067_1391223896_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Thinking about parting with this bike/frame since I got the S-Works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your DiamondBack-5z6a5413.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiblue1 View Post
    Thinking about parting with this bike/frame since I got the S-Works
    very nice

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

DB Response XE 29er (1st bike)

Here is my first real mtb. I love it. Haven't done anything to it really. New grips by Profile Designs and pedals by Fyxation. Next up is a new fork! I am hooked on the sport already though, this could get spendy!!

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-image.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your DiamondBack-image.jpg  

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobeez View Post
    I am hooked on the sport already though, this could get spendy!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	862586

i posted the same bike a couple pages back....I am up too $2500 so far, welcome to the sport

Post pictures of your DiamondBack - Page 27

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisodad View Post
    i posted the same bike a couple pages back....I am up too $2500 so far, welcome to the sport

Post pictures of your DiamondBack - Page 27
    Davisodad - I saw your bike. Looks great. I hope to be to that point someday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

My Diamond Back Response with upgrades

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-img_4377.jpgPost pictures of your DiamondBack-img_4378.jpg
    Major Upgrades are
    Renthal Fatbar
    Straitline stem
    Avid elixir 1 brakes
    Rockshox Tora Fork
    Renthal 33T Chainring
    MRP G2 Chainguide

Thanks for looking!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    New here. I've already introduced myself in the noobs section, but I'd like to introduce myself in the DB forum as a DB owner, figured here would be a great spot for that!

I'm from SLC, UT and just started riding. Got my first mountain bike last year around the end of the season and have only ridden it on a trails a handful of times, but I'm absolutely in love with my bike and this sport.

I have since swapped out the grips to some bright green (now brown-green) Oury grips, and have upgraded my pedals to Forte platform petals. Compared to the crappy plastic ones it had on before, the Forte's are like standing on fly paper.

And a trail pic. I have ditched the waterbottle cage and got myself a hydration pack. Cause it looks cooler.

This sport is a blast, and there's so much awesome gear that I just want to upgrade everything. Unfortunately I have to upgrade my skill before I start dumping money into new components, but I do dream of all the awesome options I could add. To come: Tires, shorter stem, and I would like to upgrade the fork - either a new one or it seems that some people rebuild the Tora's with a different dampener (does that sound right? I'm new...).

Thanks for checking my long post

mtbr member
    Nice ride and welcome aboard! What year model is that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks! It's a 2009. I got it for $600, I think that's a pretty good deal. I did a lot of research before I purchased, and when I came across that, it seemed like an awesome starting point. I realize most all mtb's can be easily upgraded, but it seemed like this is the same frame as their 2009 high end models, so seemed like a great base!

mtbr member
    Honestly that frame is not much different from the frames they made through '13. DB frames may not be the lightest around but they are built like a tank. You should get a lot of miles out of that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Those are my hopes. As I pick up new hobbies, my favorite part tends to be the tinkering. With guitars, amps, pedals, usually spend more time modding and working on them than actual playing, so I think I got a platform. I had some questions about geometry and upgrading, but I think those questions might be best suited in another forum/thread than hijacking this one.

mtbr member
    To be honest, the Diamondback forum does not get much attention. The best place to ask and get plenty of answers are forums such as Beginners Corner where most threads get a ton of replies.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcome then!

Braugh Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregtallica View Post
    New here. I've already introduced myself in the noobs section, but I'd like to introduce myself in the DB forum as a DB owner, figured here would be a great spot for that!

I'm from SLC, UT and just started riding. Got my first mountain bike last year around the end of the season and have only ridden it on a trails a handful of times, but I'm absolutely in love with my bike and this sport.

That upper shock mount/top tube curve looks different than any mission I have ever seen. Maybe some sort of prototype?

Perpetual n00b

Post pictures of your DiamondBack

Quote Originally Posted by Buggyr333 View Post
    That upper shock mount/top tube curve looks different than any mission I have ever seen. Maybe some sort of prototype?
    Looks like my Sortie
    When the chicks at school see how gay we are, they're gonna be all over us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    here is my 2003 diamondback xsl with upgrades

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    It's actually a 2009 Sortie 1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregtallica View Post
    It's actually a 2009 Sortie 1
    How do you like your Oury grips? I have been thinking about picking up a set of those.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I love them. My experience isn't deep, so I may try another pair after these, but they're great. The bike came with some Ergon grips, those were annoying, I couldn't ever get used to them. It gave me more hand fatigue, it felt like. Other than that, I've tried just a few other grip types. These are the most comfy so far, they grip well, they're not as soft as foam, but they're soft enough. They're an awesome thickness for my hands. They feel a bit thicker than a lot of other grips, which makes me feel a little more connected to the bars. For the price, they're amazing.

They're getting dirty, but they look the coolest!

mtbr member
    They look better dirty anyway! I have the Peaty lock-on grips now. I like them but I want to try something just a bit softer. You also mentioned the larger diameter, that interests me as well. I saw these at a few places for about 10 bucks so they are definitely worth a shot! And they have killer ratings.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Not to mention they come in nearly every color!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Howdy fellow riders.

I just bought a 09 response sport (stock) took it for a few rides already and handles well, alot better than I expected especially after all of what I read and reaearched. Im looking for opinions and suggestions on quick inexpensive upgrades that i can do to my bike without the usual fork/drivtrain upgrades. Eventually ill get to that when I need (break) to.
    I couldt figure out how to post the licture from my mobile device but i willas soon as i get home.

Thanks mtbr forum members

mtbr member
    I would focus on the cockpit first. Get the bike comfortable. If you want to tweak the fit of your bike bars, stem, grips, and saddle can be addressed without breaking the bank if you shop around for deals. If its performance you are looking for tires are probably the cheapest upgrade. There are countless threads on MTBR on tires with good info. Don't forget to check out the regional section for your area. There are likely discussions about what tires work well on some of the trails you normally ride. Hope that helps and welcome aboard!
    Last edited by TheDocTx; 02-20-2014 at 08:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The handle bars are a little uncomfortable also thinking of a new seat. Thanks ill start looking around and post what i find and pictures as well

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast