Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Picked up a 2011 Mission Pro for the parts spec recently. Blew my knee apart in whistler so I parted my Evil Undead and bought this for rehab. It wont stay around long (the frame at least) as im ordering a Evil Uprising to replace the DH bike.

Im close to being able to ride so im interested in seeing how the Mission rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

sl super

sl super
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your DiamondBack-img-20130105-00523.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

My 2012 Sortie 29er 3

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-img_0689-after.jpg
    I have upgraded a lot of the parts to make it almost the same as the Sortie Black, but quite a few $$ less

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-img_0988.jpg
    Here is my Sortie 29er 3 and my wives Santa Cruz Juliana

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2013 Sortie 2

Just got this yesterday. Put it together last night. It weighs in at 34lbs with pedals, size large. Wish it would stop raining.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your DiamondBack-20130114_174617-1024x768-.jpg  

Post pictures of your DiamondBack-20130114_191128-1024x768-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    94 Axis

93 Axis Pro

96 Axis R

I have stripped this, and am building up at mo, with stem right way up

I'll put pics up of me WCF 4.0 when I rebuild it. Not happy enough with it at the mo to post in public

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by timeslot View Post
    Just got this yesterday. Put it together last night. It weighs in at 34lbs with pedals, size large.
    34 lbs???? Christ, if my bikes weigh more than 24lbs I'm looking at what needs changing. Don't think I'll buy modern at those weights. My 1st DB Topanga, in 92 was less than that, and it was low spec, basic heavy components. I swapped them and got it to 28lbs.

mtbr member
    Post pictures of your DiamondBack-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358378269.235681.jpg Brought out the old dblwalled zac 19 from storage rear is a new matrix single track made by trek in the USA feels like an early bontrager and the freewheel is a zachs pre sram freewheel!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    is that an Axis Pro?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Tim View Post
    is that an Axis Pro?
    Mine?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by socalkev View Post
    Mine?
    yeah, who else?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    2012 db response sport

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your DiamondBack-uploadfromtaptalk1358448281025.jpg  

mtbr member
    yeah, who else?
    It's an Ascent ex 1993 geometry is almost very similar to the Axis pro but if you look closer the BB. On the axis pro is lower a bit not much but lower

mtbr member
    Ascent ex is a Defunct brand of DB its current counter parts aka Descendamts are the Response and Recoil. Comp!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalkev View Post
    It's an Ascent ex 1993 geometry is almost very similar to the Axis pro but if you look closer the BB. On the axis pro is lower a bit not much but lower
    Post pictures of your DiamondBack-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358486741.310524.jpg Post pictures of your DiamondBack-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358486762.248562.jpg the bb on the axxis to the left is lower than the ascent ex to the right btw the ascent ex's frame looks like an early 2011 2012 2013 response 20 years before they were released axxis and ascent ex bikes where years ahead of their time

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'm pretty sure there isn't any difference in geometery between them. Different tubing and spec. It would have been cheaper for them to design once, and roll them out. It makes more sense as a business model. I wouldn't have a clue about the modern bikes, as they were / are heavy, and not worth buying. The old ones however, are vastly underrated. I've had 2 Ascents, a 94 and 5, and they were identical shape to my 94 Axis and 93 Axis Pro and even my 96 Axis R. Tubing however is different on all of them. I even think my WCF is the same, but it's snowing here at the moment, and I'm not going to the garage to check.

Is that Axis Pro yours? Its lovely. I have one as pictured above

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timeslot View Post
    Just got this yesterday. Put it together last night. It weighs in at 34lbs with pedals, size large. Wish it would stop raining.
    Damn that's a good looking bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxconvert View Post
    I've been sitting on the new DB Mission 4x since August. I kind of forgot about it the last few months. It's a great bike, pedals great, jumps awesome, manuals well. I've got a Kashima Float fork to install from my TRc, some XTR cranks, new rims, brakes, chainguide, seatpost, and cassette to mount up if I ever find motivation.

Here's a quick little video just toying around on a line we just built at the skills park. Certainly not what the bike was designed for but it was fun.

This is such a sick bike, I'm a sucker for orange. I love my 06 DB response sport in rust orange

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

I hope it shows .. this is my new bike Diamondback sorrento sport 2002 ...Got it for 80 bucks .. ride fine ...it has a SRAM 3.0 derailler, 7 speed .... I wanna upgrade that derailler and go to 8 speed ... Any suggestions for both ? PLease let me know

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Is this the sport? And if so how hard was it to upgrade from 8 to 9 rear cassette? Nice bike by the way...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonwatkins View Post
    Is this the sport? And if so how hard was it to upgrade from 8 to 9 rear cassette? Nice bike by the way...
    Yes, I've got the Overdrive Sport (2012). Changing to 9 speed is not that hard if you have the right tool (cassette remover). You have to change your rear derailleur to 9-speed as well as the stock (Acera) is 8-speed only.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kwxvii View Post
    Yes, I've got the Overdrive Sport (2012). Changing to 9 speed is not that hard if you have the right tool (cassette remover). You have to change your rear derailleur to 9-speed as well as the stock (Acera) is 8-speed only.
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. Also how well do you like this bike? Does it have remote lockout? Does it perform well on trails, rocks, roots, jumps? Is it durable? Reason I ask is I just ordered the 2013 model.... I will post pics once it arrives this week. Thanks

mtbr member
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. Also how well do you like this bike? Does it have remote lockout? Does it perform well on trails, rocks, roots, jumps? Is it durable? Reason I ask is I just ordered the 2013 model.... I will post pics once it arrives this week. Thanks
    You're welcome. I like this bike as it is a solid, albeit considered beginner's bike; I was able to ride it on pretty technical trails (singletrack, rocky terrain (Ringwood State Park in NJ), and log jumps) on the stock fork (SR Suntour XCR V3). Yes, the stock fork has remote lockout but there's no dampener, so it is quite harsh on rocky and/or rooty terrain. Lockout works but the preload adjust is a guess work at best. That was the first thing I have upgraded. I now have an air shock (X-Fusion Slide in white) that I got for $255 (>$400 MSRP) online. If there is one thing that you need to upgrade first, I suggest you start with the fork. You'll do just fine with the rest of the stock parts, and probably just replace them as they wear out or if you find deals online (Jenson USA, PricePoint, BlueSkyCycling, eBay, Amazon, etc.).
    Last edited by kwxvii; 02-12-2013 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yeah that's a sorrento sport and as said earlier with the right tools . Also check the hub for the rearwheel

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    You don't need to change the rear mech, an 8 speed will work with 9 speed cassette and shifters, but you should change it because Acera isn't very good. You will need 9 speed shifters though

mtbr member
    You don't need to change the rear mech, an 8 speed will work with 9 speed cassette and shifters, but you should change it because Acera isn't very good. You will need 9 speed shifters though
    Yup, thanks for the correction Pyro ...rd's are like "black boxes"; all depend on the shifter.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast