Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#467 ·
2010 Mission 2

Took some photos the day I got the bike from Giantnerd about two months ago.

Everything is stock except I've since put on Oury lock-on grips and Sram X9 shifters. The wheels are pretty cheap so I'm going to get new ones soon. This is my first full suspension and it's good so far.

#470 ·
selling my like-new diamondback coil ss

I loved the disk brakes on this bike. It was replacing a similar one that was stolen from me when I purchased it, a few years back, but I haven't used it. It's a shame for it to collect dust and I want to get a hybrid more inline with the way I ride now. I've ridden it about 4 times and that's criminal! It was a little over $850 new and it's still basically new, just not the recent model.

It needs to go to someone who will use it :thumbsup: Not a scratch on it-just a little dust.

Anyone interested or know anyone who might be?

#477 ·
Ascent ex Pics coming soon -.-

Here is mine my Dad helped me get it at bicycle land in 1993 it was 399 or 60$ a month and whats the craziest thing is the bike shop only sent 1 notice for 60$ they never sent more.I got it cause at that time apart from loving bikes i loved Drugs im sober now but the purple fade to black reminded me off Purple haze fading into the night sky lol

#482 ·
Here is my Response Sport, this is my everyday trail bike. few upgrades here and there, needs a new fork and wheels!

Pricepoint has a killer deal on 2011 Hayes Stroker Trail brakes, so this hardtail is getting them:thumbsup:

If anyone wants the old tektro mechanical disk brakes off this bike they can have them if they pay for shipping!

Attachments

#484 ·
Since this is a diamondback forum I thought I would ask here. I want to buy a mountain bike, I have never ridden on trails so this would be my first mountain bike. I saw this one for 200 is this good?
BrandDiamondback
Bicycle Type Mountain bike, front suspension
Frame Construction TIG-welded
Frame Tubing Material 6061 T6 aluminum w/replaceable derailleur hanger
Fork Brand & Model Rock Shox Judy TT, 100mm travel
Fork Material Aluminum/magnesium, single crown
Component Group Shimano Deore LX
Brakeset Shimano BR-M475 Mechanical Disc brakes, Shimano Deore LX levers
Shift Levers Shimano Deore LX
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore LX, top-pull/clamp-on 31.8mm
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore LX
Crankset Shimano FC-M572, 22/32/44 teeth
Pedals Resin body/aluminum cage w/clips & straps
Bottom Bracket Shimano BB-ES30, 111mm spindle
BB Shell Width 68mm English
Rear Cogs 9-speed, 11 - 32 teeth
Chain SRAM PC-49, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost Aluminum micro-adjust, 27.2mm diameter
Saddle Avenir ATB SS
Handlebar Aluminum, 1" rise
Handlebar Stem Aluminum Ahead type
Headset 1 1/8" integrated Tien Hsin No.10 ZST
Hubs Shimano HB-M475
Rims Alex AL-DM18, 32-hole
Tires 26 x 2.10" WTB VelociRaptor
Spoke Brand Stainless steel, 14ga. (2.0mm) straight gauge

#486 ·
Since this is a diamondback forum I thought I would ask here. I want to buy a mountain bike, I have never ridden on trails so this would be my first mountain bike. I saw this one for 200 is this good?
Looks like it's a 2003 Topanga Comp Disc

Here's a link to specs (appear to be the same): BikePedia - 2003 diamondback Topanga Comp Disc Complete Bicycle

Price is hard to say - $200 is a fairly big percentage of the original $549 price considering it's eight or nine years old. That being said, it may not be a bad deal for an LX-level bike with mechanical discs if it's in really good condition.

1) Make sure the frame doesn't have cracks or major dents. Cracks are usually spotted around the welded joints.

2) Make sure the fork is working well (smooth operation through full travel, adjustments work and feel like that make a difference, etc). Note: The fork is the most outdated item on that bike, but is likely fine for entry-level cross country riding. If you have to replace the fork, though, you'll spend more than the price of the bike if new, or you'll need to do some searching for a good, used one.

3) Make sure the hubs, bottom bracket and headset are smooth and free of play and that the wheels are reasonably true (no large hops/jumps/rim dents/broken spokes).

4) Very important - make sure the bike fits you! Search online for guidelines and make sure it feels good to you.

If you don't work on bikes and don't want to learn, you should seriously consider having a shop check it out. You'll pay a small fee for this, but it's worth it.

With all that done, I'd offer less - maybe $150, but, again, condition matters. If the owner has recently had it serviced and has a shop contact, that paperwork is worth a lot to you...

At $150 and with no recent evidence of work done, don't be surprised if you need some or all expendables: cables, brake pads, chain and cassette.

#489 ·
This is my $100 lady. 2010 Diamondback Sorrento Sport. Got her off of Craigslist from a guy who never rode her and let her sit in the garage for two years. She still had the price tags. She's all stock. The only thing I've done so far is take off the reflectors.

I don't plan on crazy upgrades. I'm just planning on getting new handle bars, seat post, saddle and peddles. Since she is my first, I plan to learn and exercise off of her. Then when I know more of what I want and what I'm doing I'll upgrade to something different (maybe).

Attachments

#490 ·
Actually selling my diamondback.

Mods as follows:

Manitou Tower Expert Fork 2012
Truvativ Stylo Crankset 3x9
Velocity Blunt Tubeless Wheels
Shimano XT Hubs
Michelin XC AT Tubless Tires
Shimano M520 Pedals
Sram X7 Rear Derailleur
SRAM 9 Speed Cassette (not sure which cassette I bought)
SRAM 9 Speed Chain (also, not sure which chain I bought)
Bontrager RL Saddle