Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#352 ·
Frankenstein

So Dave finally let go of his mission 2 thank God. Just the framset though. I think it was when I told him I'd throw in the go pro cam that he agreed. Anyway, so my first bike was a response sport. Loved that bike, but needed something more. I transfered all the components from my response sport over to the mission. For now it will do. I was able to convert a sr suntour epicon lod to 140mm travel. The air fork makes a huge difference over the spinner fork. I have ordered my pedals and shoes for the next upgrade then I will prolly move on to the drive train or brakes. I've only had 3 rides for about 30 miles on it and about to go on my fourth after i'm done with this post. If she rides so nice now....i can't wait for a new fork, drive train, and brakes.

Jimi V

Attachments

#358 ·
The Response Project gone horribly right?

;) Still I few minor tweaks but it is fast and really fun. Can't wait to get some time in the saddle. My convert to SS later, and I think I'am going to put on some lighter WTB 2.2 wolverines on it for a more XC race bike and different saddle. Weight is ~25 lbs, who cares really.
The bike:

18" Response frame, surprisingly light frame, weighed the same as my old Schwinn Homegrown frame! I was impressed with the frame weight, wanted to build it up around the red CK headset I've owned for ever!
Parts are:

-100mm Manitou Black comp coil

- X9 rear der

-Sram 990 cassette 11-34

-Sram 991 chain

-Truvtaiv FireX EXO crankset alloy rings

-X7 shifters

-XT front der

-Avid BB7s brakes with 8 inch frt rotor! Avid levers This a 10yr old Brakeset and the most reliable ones.

-CK headset

-Easton 80mm EA50stem and EA50 bars

-ODI lock ons

-Sun Ringle Equalizer rims ( off M2) brand new, Joy Tech hubs.

-Thomson layback post

-old Titec Bezerker saddle

-2.3 Nevegal R 2.4 Motoraptor F

-shimano pedals

Will get some pictures once I got it dialed in! Thinking about racing it soon!!:D

Attachments

#362 · (Edited)
Prowland said:
Here is my first MTB! Completely stock right now... any suggestions for upgrades and places to find parts? I am really new to this so any help is greatly appreciated.

I took it to Michigan for a weekend and it rides nice.
You should look at my thread called "2009 Diamondback Response parts" on the diamondback forum to get some ideas on what to upgrade.

I got the 2010 Diamondback Response all stock except for clipless pedals. Rides very smooth and only 25lbs. Will be changing tires, stem and possibly getting disc brakes.

#366 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here so I guess ill start off with a pic of my 2009 Diamondback Outlook. I really enjoy this bike and I'm planning on doing a few upgrades and a bunch of additions here and there.

#369 ·
My Upgraded DB Coil EX: 6 ft. 3 in. / 225 Lbs

I am relatively new to MTBing. Age: 59, Height: 6 foot, 3 inches, Weight 225 pounds -- an old clyde!

I bought my 2007 Diamondback Coil EX as a starter MTB. Found that I love trail riding -- so some upgrades were in order:

- XTR rear derailleur / SLX front derailleur
- Hollowtech II type crank / external bearing BB
- SRAM chain / cassette
- BB7 brakes front / rear
- Rockshox Recon 351 U-Turn fork

Since I ride on the roads early mornings as well as the trails (live about a mile from Itusi trail in NC), I have an LED headlamp, taillamp, mirror, GPS, bell -- and the spoke reflectors -- all to try and keep the cars from turning me into roadkill!

The DB frame is very strong and the seat very soft -- handlebars are comfortable where I have them set -- really high. It is a heavy bike -- and I added a couple of security cables and a toolkit to the saddlebag just to make sure I would always get a good workout.

I do all my own work and have tools, stand, bulk XTR cables and housings, etc.

See you all on the trails! 73 de Ken - N4OI
:thumbsup:

Attachments

#370 ·
kstovesand said:
The DB frame is very strong and the seat very soft -- handlebars are comfortable where I have them set -- really high. It is a heavy bike -- and I added a couple of security cables and a toolkit to the saddlebag just to make sure I would always get a good workout.
:eekster: :eekster: :eekster: That is crazy looking, Looks like that stem riser could snap like a twig if you hit some techy trails:eekster: :eekster: since you put some nice stuff on there get the stock coilover off and get a reall shock:p

#372 ·
kstovesand said:
I am relatively new to MTBing. Age: 59, Height: 6 foot, 3 inches, Weight 225 pounds -- an old clyde!

I bought my 2007 Diamondback Coil EX as a starter MTB. Found that I love trail riding -- so some upgrades were in order:

- XTR rear derailleur / SLX front derailleur
- Hollowtech II type crank / external bearing BB
- SRAM chain / cassette
- BB7 brakes front / rear
- Rockshox Recon 351 U-Turn fork

Since I ride on the roads early mornings as well as the trails (live about a mile from Itusi trail in NC), I have an LED headlamp, taillamp, mirror, GPS, bell -- and the spoke reflectors -- all to try and keep the cars from turning me into roadkill!

I do all my own work and have tools, stand, bulk XTR cables and housings, etc.

See you all on the trails! 73 de Ken - N4OI
By the look of that handlebar height, you should've gotten a bigger frame.

Nice bike BTW

#373 ·
Yep -- Bars a Little Up There!

Thanks for the comments. Yep, I didn't cut the Recon stem at all and still added the Delta riser extension. It does look spindley -- but feels very strong. (Looks like a praying mantis with the "War of the Worlds" headlamp.) I also added a nice Cane Creek S8 headset to help take the load of the long stem.

The frame is the large size -- 20 inch. Would be nice to have a 21 or even larger but not sure if the Coil EX offers one. Maybe I'll try a new frame one day, but this one is really comfortable for me now.

Kind of related to the rear shock situation -- If I keep the frame, the rear shock is the next upgrade. Just feeling my way along here -- thanks again for the inputs!

73 de Ken - N4OI

#376 ·
Vader said:
Here's my 1995 Axis TT Pro

Frame: 1995 Diamondback Axis TT Pro, Ti brake studs, DKG post clamp, Ti bolt
Fork: Waltworks steel, Ti brake studs
Stem: Race Face System, Ti bolts
H'bar: LP composite low-rise
Headset: Race Face Realseal, Al cap bolt
Seatpost: Ringle, Ti bolt
Cassette: XTR M900, Al locknut
Cranks: Race Face Turbine, Al big ring bolts, Ti granny bolts
BB: Shimano M900 XTR, Ti bolts
Hubs: King
Spokes: Union Ti
Rims: Bontrager Valient Ceramic
Brakes: Avid Black Ops Ultimate, Ti bolt kit, including pad holders
Tires: Varies depending on the course
Saddle: WTB Shadow, ti
Derailleurs and cog: M900 XTR, Ti bolts all around including rear der pivot bolt
Shifters: Suntour XC Pro thumbies, Ti bolts
Pedals: Crank Bros Ti spindles
QRs: DKG Ti(pre Salsa)
Chi-chi: Ringle cage, Ti. bolts
Weight: Sub 20 lbs
That bike is beautiful. I just picked one up off craigslist on a total fluke. It doesn't have stickers or anything, ( I will have to find a way to source some), but the potential is there.
What size is that thing?

-Rob