Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#277 ·
DavidNeiles said:
Cool bike dude. That bike is a killer value for what you pay for it $300. At your weight and just in general ditch the plastic pedals for some stronger alloy ones. I would consider getting a beefier stem & bar if you plan to ride off road at your size, the steel bars could bend! Enjoy and the bike and welcome to mtbr.:)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think I got a good deal on it. Ive already been eyeing new parts for it. The wife has put a ban on me buying anything else for it this close to Christmas. So, Im making her a list of stuff I want for it. I found some pedals, lights, water bottle and some other stuff as well. I found some DB pedals at Dicks that I like, would those be beefy enough or is there a popular website everyone uses or should I just check the LBS? Thanks for the Warm Welcome :thumbsup: DJ

#279 ·
Dirty Harry

Nice Sidekick!

Here's my baby. And so far the only Black oxide, Gun blued, chromoly frame I know of.

It's a 94-95 Ascent I've been riding since 95. and has experienced rebirth. The name "Dirty Harry" just seems appropriate with the gun bluing. And it will be dirty soon enough.

I took it out for the first ride today. Black Star to hidden ranch. What a view!.

Man, she feels good! Go ahead, Make my ride!

Attachments

#280 ·
Another $70 off

WOOHOO, Right after I bought the bike I got an email from Dicks for saying $20 off any $100 purchase. So I took the email in there and they gave me $20 bucks. Then yesterday my wife sees my bike in the Black Friday sale ad for another $50 cheaper so I take the ad in and they give me another $50 back. So now with the money back I paid right around 215 for the bike. While we were there I showed the wife some accessories I want for it. I can already see this is going to be another expensive hobby. But atleast I can use the "But honey its good for my health" excuse. Cant wait to put some real miles on it. DJ

#284 ·
well i think theres a pic of my old axis on the 1st page of this thread, but it was striped to a frame... its back built again...

how it looked striped"

how it looked as a rider for my GF:

and how it looks now... almost back to standard... sort of...

and today i decide to take bake my 1st mtb from my sister garage (it had been passed around a bit over the years, and figured it needed some TLC)

#287 ·
Coil EX help

Ok, so, I'm new to the forums, but am running out quickly of places to look for an answer. If anyone at all can help me, the piece that connects the rear tire fork/mount whatever you might call it, with the main frame contains a bolt (right on top of the crank) and mine is loosening every time I ride. I tighten it consistently, but now it's stripping and I need a more permanant solution. If anyone has one, I would be forever grateful. Also, is there any particular parts stores that you guys use? I'm looking for a new rear suspension (7.5" eye to eye) and a new derailer setup.

#288 ·
So your main pivot bolt is loose, is there a lot of play in the rear end when you tighten the main bolt down? Have you put lock tite on the threads? The pivot might be worn out and need new a new set of bearings/washers. And what about the bolt, you say it is stripped? That would not normally be a warranteable item. You need to find a DB/Raleigh dealer to get the parts. As for rear derailleurs, I'd just throw on an Alivio level derailleur, work fine and no need to spend more than that unless your going to upgrade the whole drivetrain to 9 spd.

#289 ·
DavidNeiles said:
So your main pivot bolt is loose, is there a lot of play in the rear end when you tighten the main bolt down? Have you put lock tite on the threads? The pivot might be worn out and need new a new set of bearings/washers. And what about the bolt, you say it is stripped? That would not normally be a warranteable item. You need to find a DB/Raleigh dealer to get the parts. As for rear derailleurs, I'd just throw on an Alivio level derailleur, work fine and no need to spend more than that unless your going to upgrade the whole drivetrain to 9 spd.
Not that it makes a difference, but I want to clarify that the picture I used isn't of my rig, just a picture I could find of the piece I was talking about. So yeah, the main pivot bolt is loose. There isn't a lot of play when I tighten it, but it will loosen after about an hour of fairly hard riding. I didn't try lock tite, which I probably should have done sooner. Only one side of the bolt is stripped (it will let me stick an allen key in there and let me tighten from the other side) so I might just put some lock tite on there and reverse the bolt so I can tighten from the good side, hopefully that holds it good enough. As for the rear derailleur, I'm looking for something nice and rugged, that can take a few shots from some logs or rocks and not bend on me.

#290 ·
RebBoy said:
fully customized: SRAM X.0, Thomson Elite + Masterpiece, Titec, RaceFace, Spinergy Enduro's, White Bros Fluid 140 (20mm), Crank Bros Candy SL
View attachment 472560
Also, I'm seeing some killer setups on here and would love to do some upgrading to my rig. I have an 09 Coil EX with Ritchey Rizer handlebars and Ritchey Lock In grips. I also have a rear suspension for it (not on the bike right now) but it's an inch longer eye to eye and when I put it on, I feel i'm sitting too high even with the seat all the way down. Anyway, like I said, I love some of the setups on here, but I'm not too savvy when it comes to actually getting parts. Can someone tell me what forks, rear suspension, derailleurs, tires, rims, and breaks to use? Like this setup is great /\

#292 ·
Heres my 2000 X6 frame Im almost finished building up.

Its complete except for a mount for the suspension lockout remotes and the proper mounting hardware for the rear shock. It has rockshox suspension, a revelation 409 and an mc3r. The derailleurs are xt in the front and xtr in the back, with a stylo 2.2 crankset and xt shifters. The brakes are shimano oe hydraulic calipers on magura discs. The wheels are cheap ebay oe takeoffs with wtb velociraptors. The thompson seatpost is the only part that originally came with this frame. The handlebars and stem are chinese carbon fiber from ebay.

This bike is replacing a mongoose zero g3 that I still enjoy, but Ive realized the frame is too small for me. This frame feels like it fits me better, but Ive never found a size on it. Does anyone know if theres a way I can find out using the serial number? Or maybe just a measurement that will let me know? I realize it doesnt matter at this point, Im just curious.

#297 ·
08 Coil EX with:
Rock Shox Recon 351 Solo Air (140mm)
Fox Float Rear
Avid BB7 Brakeset
Ritchey Rizer Handlebars
Ritchey Lock On grips
Velocity Blunt (white) rear quick release
WTB SpeedDisc (black) front thru axle
Truvativ GXP Crankset
Odyssey Gold Pedals
Kenda Klaw XT tires