Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pictures of your DiamondBack

499K views 1K replies 479 participants last post by  dongskie2 
#1 ·
Everyone post pictures of your DimaondBack

Attachments

See less See more
#229 ·
you will notice a big difference in a nicer fork. More tunability, plusher, and makes you faster. If you want a new fork and want to spend less then 200-ish dollars, look at a Rock Shox Tora. If you got $500 dollars you can get a Fox Van RLC for 460 on pricepoint.

#238 ·
DavidNeiles said:
That is one sick looking Mission! I love the bling!!:eekster: How much does it weigh?
Yea, bling was definitely the idea. I only ever bling out a bike when I really like and believe in the frame design.

I haven't weighed it yet. I estimate around 30 lbs., but I try not to find out cause I already have a couple of really light xc bikes. I looked for the best combination of strength and low-weight in each component for this Mission regardless of price (I shopped smart tho). The bike was at least 1 lbs. lighter with a Manitou Minute Elite and lighter tires before.

However, the White Bros fork was purely a performance decision, knowing it's one of the heavier forks around. I tried EVERY 140mm/20mm fork! And the 2.4" WTB MotoRaptors are the lightest tires this size and with this much grip that I could find.

Anyone know how I can get a black or silver Knucklebox link (thick ones for the Mission tho, not the thinned out ones for Sorties)?? I would love to flow the bike colors a little better.

#239 ·
That is cool. I run 2.4 Motoraptors on my Mission as well. They are my favorite tires, owned 4 sets over the years and just superb all around traction. I have used White Bros. fork years ago and found them to be really nice performance wise. That bike rides as good as it looks!!!!

#241 ·
d.n.s said:
RebBoy
what's the weight and how much it cost to you?
d.n.s.-

I spent somewhere from $2000 to $25000 net total. I bought the Mission 3 from a shop that understood I wanted to customize, so they worked with me on getting rid of most stock components/parts (like the heavy stem and seatpost). I got good money back selling the RockShox Pike and original wheelset. Then I scored good deals on the Spinergy Xyclone Enduro's ($400) and the White Brothers Fluid 140 fork ($350!!!!), closeout prices at about half the retail prices. :) I cannot find an all-mountain 6" bike with this much bling for less than about $3k new. I took my time picking out the parts and making sure I got good deals.

#248 ·
Here is a shot of our Team Issue Easton Alum MTB's - My wife loves hers so much I had to give up trying to keep her off it! Now we just ride them. A few more in the background - All DBR mtb's. It was cleaning day which means drag all the bikes out of the rack to sweep & wash the floor, then clean the bikes before putting them back in...

Attachments

#249 ·
2005 Diamondback Strike DH Custom

Custom Built...still not ridden...

Custom build bike specs:

Weight: 41.03lb
Frame: Strike DH 8.7 or 7.9 rear travel
Fork: Rock Shox Totem 180mm with 40mm Stantions
Shock: Manitou ISX 6 9.5X3.0 400lb coil
Stem: Dangerboy Howitzer 50mm (black)
Bars: Transition T-Bar 1.5 rise
Brakes: 203mm front 185mm rear Avid Code (galvanized) w/Titanium hardware kit