Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

post pics of sortie's

Im trying to gather ideas for my next bike and this is what i want to build just looking for some motovation
    Last edited by bhigdon101; 05-11-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Singletrack Slayer
    All the motovation you need
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-dsc01599.jpg  

~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

Weekend Warrior

After you're thru drooling over Davids sweet Sortie Black

Heres my Sortie 3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-steed-035a.jpg  

Rule number 2: Stay in the middle of the trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    bad news for me....

went to pick up my sortie 2 at ***** in chattanooga, 08 model, marked down to a super great price, and it was gone.... i looked at this bike sunday,but waited on getting it, my wife told me to just go get it today.... and i was.. but GONE..... so now what do i do, i rode the mission 2, it was a little bouncey while i peddled.. it is an 09 model... now back to the drawing board.... still dont know what i want......

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    ^^^^That sucks man^^^^

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by bhigdon101
    bad news for me....

went to pick up my sortie 2 at ***** in chattanooga, 08 model, marked down to a super great price, and it was gone.... i looked at this bike sunday,but waited on getting it, my wife told me to just go get it today.... and i was.. but GONE..... so now what do i do, i rode the mission 2, it was a little bouncey while i peddled.. it is an 09 model... now back to the drawing board.... still dont know what i want......
    Dude! Why didn't you grab that thing up. Sorry you missed it. I was surprised how long it was there. The 09 Sortie 1's are going for about a grand. The mission 2 is a killer deal, but what are you looking for? The 08 Sortie is a 4" bike and the 09 Sortie is 5", The Mission is a fun bike to ride around here in Chattanooga and is great if you like to ride big and fast off anything ie. AM bike 6" travel. The 09 M2 is going for 2g's and It is a awesome bike! If your'e doing more trails and love Raccoon and anything else around here the Sortie is what I love. You need to come talk to me this weekend. Cleareance bikes are going for a steal. 11-7 Sat Sun 10-4

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    hey david,
    i am looking for a fun bike with no worries,love raccoon mnt. never been on the expert only trails, would like to do big drops and or jumps what ever is in the trail ahead, i realy like the mission's 2 looks,white and black is killer!but i rode it in the store and if felt bouncey like it was to soft for me at 210lbs,while i was peddling around... can you adjust the rear shock,make it stiffer for heavier people? other than that it was a nice ride,it felt a little better than the sortie did for me... but i am still open for anything... this will be my first mountain bike,i have been riding a 20 inch haro backtrail, i like urban riding too....

i know you dont want to hear this but i am looking at 4 different bikes. i posted them up in general discussion, dont want to talk about other brands in diamondback section...

Singletrack Slayer
    The mission2 is a great bike w/ fox float 15 qr fork 150mm travel, stiff and buttery smooth. The rear Rp2 float 150mm, is great if u want to stiffen the rear end on long climbs. I'm sure the bike felt "bouncy". The suspension was not setup for ur weight. Air suspension is great, easy to adjust and tune. I don't think you'll find a better deal on a bike with those specs for 2g's

Singletrack Slayer
    Plus if you are getting back into the sport or just into it, you can't beat the service plan I offer for 3yrs @ 100bucks. Gets you a free tuneup each year, unlimited repairs, covers parts and labor!! (not tires tubes or brake pads) You can't beat that anywhere.

The Mission seems to be the way to go if you like to ride everything like drops and go fast downhill

mtbr member

09' Sortie 3 & Me

Bought at the end of last year, but haven't been able to really ride till this week but it was well worth the wait!
    The only issue was having to switch out the Avid Juicy Fives (The squeal & noise drove me close to insanity) for Shimano SLX's which are buttery and beautiful!

Thinking about slapping on a bash guard and losing a chainring, not really sure how this works so if anyone has any advice, I need it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-sortie-3-wide.jpg  

post pics of sortie's-sortie-shimano-slx.jpg  

!@#$%&!
    Thinking about slapping on a bash guard and losing a chainring, not really sure how this works so if anyone has any advice, I need it
    I think you should do it! I did that to my Mission and I love it!

29-26 Who Cares Just Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwanton
    I have the exact same Sortie 3 and love it. I didn't have the issues with the brakes but I have changed the wheels out to Mavic Crossmax SL's. I have also changed the big ring for a bash guard and have been very happy with the change. I will try and get some pics and post them up.
    - '09 DiamondBack Overdrive 29er
    - '10 DiamondBack Sortie Black

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

3 for 3

Waiting to whip up a batch of home brew Stan's before I de-flower her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-sortie7.jpg  

post pics of sortie's-sortie18.jpg  

post pics of sortie's-sortie11.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles
    All the motovation you need
    BATMANS BIKE!

Singletrack Slayer
    The Blue and white look really nice!

Singletrack Slayer

All dialed in now...

A few cockpit adjustments and now she is perrrrfect. 70 mm Thomson stem, mid rise easton bar, old school Fizik saddle. WTB Motoraptor 2.24 kevlar rear tire. carves up corners like crazy!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-sortieblack10.jpg  

mtbr member
    awesome sortie! It took some serious restraint to not wait for the '10 Black, but I love my 3.

That saddle looks serious... how comfortable is it? Can't wait to hit the trail this weekend!

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwanton
    awesome sortie! It took some serious restraint to not wait for the '10 Black, but I love my 3.

That saddle looks serious... how comfortable is it? Can't wait to hit the trail this weekend!
    Put it this way, better than that wtb devo saddle, esp since I bent the damn Ti rails! It is a oldie but a goodie, came off of my 98 schwinn homegrown factory 4 banger!! Been in a box of parts for years! But it is super comfortable saddle and I like it better, plus the red looks nice

Singletrack Slayer

Warning: May cause you to become sick..

2 Sortie Blacks One for me and anyone else who wants to demo one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-dsc01660.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm starting not to like you....

Singletrack Slayer

Sortie SS

The Black SS project. Going to ride it a few times see if I like the gear ratio. Fun as hell to ride!! It was so humid that the camera was fogging up!! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post pics of sortie's-dsc01733.jpg  

post pics of sortie's-dsc01732.jpg  

post pics of sortie's-dsc01731.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    what tooth chainring and cog are you trying first?

and what tensioner and spacers are you useing?

this is what i want to do to my jamis in a few months,after i build my lungs and legs up some more.....
    and i have the hammerschmidt for a hi and low gear

Singletrack Slayer
    32 tooth single speed Orgin 8 and a Forte tensioner and sprocket set from Performance for 25 bucks. Came with 16-18-20 tooth cogs and spacers and tensioner.
    Right now just trying 32-20, after a few times around Raccoon I'll might just go 18t or order a 19th

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    all these pics of Sorties makes me want to add one to the collection.

Can you just buy just the frame and shock from DiamondBack? I will need to piece it together over time so the wifey doesn't freak

Ni

Singletrack Slayer
    No framesets from DB, only choice is ebay for now. Maybe soon they will release a frameset.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast