Thread: Overdrive Pro

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Overdrive Pro

Anyone weighed their 2012 Overdrive Pro yet? Ideally a size large, as that's what I'm looking at picking up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I had my overdrive Comp weighed and it was at 32. I was shocked that it was that light. I was suspecting more. The pro is probably at just under 30 I think.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I got my overdrive on the mail yesterday and just having problems from the get go. I am not a bike expert, just trying to get the hang of it but I found a broken spoke on the fron wheel out of the box. We'll see how costumer service handles it.

Ex-BMXer/MTB Newbie
    I have a 2010 Response and had problems with the rear wheel bearings. Diamondback sent me a 2011 Response wheel as a replacement, no questions asked. I'm very happy with DB cs.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 4G using TapaTALK
    Show me the Trails

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I can't find any reviews on the 2012 Overdrive Pro and am thinking of picking one up. Can get it for about $1000. Anyone have any input on this bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffKook View Post
    I can't find any reviews on the 2012 Overdrive Pro and am thinking of picking one up. Can get it for about $1000. Anyone have any input on this bike?
    I had the overdrive comp. It weighed in a roughly 32lbs in the large. I had a heavy fork on it though compared to the fox. It seems this bike is all SLX components. I would guess it should weigh in right around 30lbs. If you can get it at $1000 I say go for it! This is a sweet bike and you'll love it. The big three, Trek, Spec, Giant, can't even touch this price point with this kind of componentry. If you go for it tell us all about it, show some pics.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    If your still interested I can weigh one tomorrow at work. I know we defiantly have a medium might have a large.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    bballboy388 - I was just looking for the same information so if you wouldn't mind weighing the large it would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    I've read somewhere ~28/29lbs for the Pro.
    the Comp is just 30.3lbs w/out pedals. (Fork and wheels are pretty heavy)

I wanted the Pro originally, but it was $1100, double what my Comp was.
    @ $1000, should be a good price.
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

2013 Overdrive Pro

Snagged a 2013 Overdrive Pro. Super sweet bike for the money. 2013 Fox fork with the new CTD and a tapered head tube. SLX/XT build, that snap shifts and stops real well for entry level gruppo. The matte finish with scratch resistant top tube finish is a nice touch. Only issue was the headset had zero grease in the bearings. Easy fix there.

Gotta love the DB4L lock on grips. Exactly like Ruffian, but with their logo facing out. I only wish Diamond Back (Avenir) would post weights of the components on this build. Aesthetically, there are no upgrades needed, but I have the feeling the saddle, post, stem,bars, and wheelset could go on a nice diet.

No other bike company is spec'ing such a nice build, and a quality aluminum frame, for this price point. When these hit Amazon, they'll be sold out before mid 2013.

Pics to follow soon.