13 yrs old in my own mind

No love for a RECOIL?

What am I the only one with a bottom of the barrel cost Diamondback?
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have a Recoil also. Hope you don't feel so lonely now

Appalachian Highlander
    Out of curiosity, what does one of those weigh? It's a similar design to an older DB bike, the SL, but that was a high-end XC bike with Easton tubing. If the frame itself doesn't weigh a ton and a half (I suspect it does) it may be quite capable with the right upgrades....maybe....maybe. At any rate, it should be good fun, and a lot better than a walmart rig for sure.

Appalachian Highlander
    Newbies are really lucky these days.... An entry-level full suspension when I was getting started was a very expensive, very poorly designed machine. The young me of the early-mid 1990's is very jealous that you get to start mountain biking with a Recoil.

13 yrs old in my own mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Markapuu View Post
    I have a Recoil also. Hope you don't feel so lonely now

I don't feel so lonely now. I was curious who all had a RECOIL, since I see a lot of threads on MISSION and SORTIES.

My budget I could not justify a $1,000+ bike and I wanted something simple in the suspension design department. I am a firm believer in Murphy's law. (Although I would buy a higher end Diamondback model if I could.) Rather impressed with their simple to the point line-up and the price they suggest.

Although as time has afforded (less than a month) I swapped over all my higher end junk on the bike from my hardtail, so my RECOIL is not--exactly the stock $600 bike.

Coming from my Cannondale (which rode awesome) the RECOIL just feels even better in the cockpit. Now I need to get it dirtier and get some scratches on it.

I have never bought a department store bike, I see them and I cringe on what people are getting..........................
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 06-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?