mtbr member
    Feb 2012

New bike! '12 Overdrive Comp

Recently upgraded my 10 year old Giant Rincon and picked up an Overdrive Comp.

So far, I'm loving it. Right now I'm riding about 90/10 urban/trail but hopefully I can get more trail time in soon.

As soon as I pad a few more posts I'll post some pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Start padding away! I want to see some pics and your thoughts on this bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Pictures please.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    2011 or 2012 model?

mtbr member
    im going to look at an overdrive tomorrow , I hope its worht it
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vault View Post
    2011 or 2012 model?
    2002 Giant Rincon
    2012 Diamondback Podium 3
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29
    2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I haven't had much luck researching this, but would you happen to have a good BBH and possible frame weight?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonz7 View Post
    I haven't had much luck researching this, but would you happen to have a good BBH and possible frame weight?
    I'll take a look at my owners manual and see if it has the BBH. As far as weight, I'm not sure how much the frame is alone. I've weighed the entire bike and its very close to 30lbs, pretty heavy. I took in yesterday for my complimentary tune-up and the LBS has the Pro model in stock, which weighed a lot less using the scientifically proven pick-up-and-weigh-by-hand method .

The frames are the same for the Pro and Comp and It's safe to say that much of the weight from on the Comp is from the components. The Pro is a nice bike but at $1,600 I think the options open up a bit more in terms of other manufacturers. However, the moment I picked it up I wish I allocated a little more my initial budget.

Regards.
    2002 Giant Rincon
    2012 Diamondback Podium 3
    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29
    2013 Giant Anthem X Advanced 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just sole my overdrive comp 2012 version in silver. I must say that it is a sick bike and everyone who drove it was impressed. For the price you can't beat it. Non of the other companies can compete at this price point with these components. I know because I looked for a while and Trek, Spec, couldn't match the good value. As far as the pro goes if can pick one up for 1200 then it's worth it but for 1600 then you have many other options that are probably better, Trek, Spec, Santa Cruz, etc. You can find the Overdrive comp for $650 in LBS so check them out, search them out, I know Dick's sells DB but they don't really negotiate on price very much. The local Dick's where I am will but not by much, we are talking about $100 off. ***** likes to stay at MSRP and run a sale on the lower line DB's. They never put the Sorties, Comp, Pro, Response Comp on sale.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    [QUOTE=stop619;9209884]I'll take a look at my owners manual and see if it has the BBH. As far as weight, I'm not sure how much the frame is alone. I've weighed the entire bike and its very close to 30lbs, pretty heavy. I took in yesterday for my complimentary tune-up and the LBS has the Pro model in stock, which weighed a lot less using the scientifically proven pick-up-and-weigh-by-hand method .

I wanted to comment on this. Your bike weighed 30lbs? I weighed mine in at 32lbs, and that was with an upgraded shock. I got rid of that horrible Rockshox XC32 and put on a Rockshox Recon TK Gold and lost about a whole pound. I also had Easton carbon bar and stem and it was at 32lbs.

Did you upgrade anything on you OD Comp to get it at 30lbs?