mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Good job! New `11 Overdrive

Been shopping for a ride that actually fit me....was only looking to ride a few different bikes today, but fell in love with this one! Found it at my local Performance Bike. They had it marked down to $449 from $799. Also got another 20% off to bring my total to under $400 for it. I took it, a GT Karakoram, and one of their house brands for a ride, and the DB Overdrive won out. Very satisfied with my purchase!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Question for you guys...I can't find any information on the largest brake rotor size I can use on either the frame or front shock...anyone know where I could find such info, or have that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Don't know that but I like mine more and more every day. Seriously, it feels like it actually "breaks in" and gets better by the mile. You got a great price on that thing. I do want a matching Sortie 29er to go with it though...

I keep tinkering with my bikes a little at a time, trying to learn them, put new pedals on my OD and it feels even better.
    08 D'back Response SC
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I agree 67. I have put about 10 road miles on it so far, and it feels as if it is "settling in". I have adjusted the brakes to my liking, and whatnot. Itching to get it dirty something awful!

The 160mm rotors seem to be quite fine so far, but I can only imagine how even a 180 mm would help...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i've put a couple thousand miles on my '10 overdrive and pretty much everything is still holding up.

Bent the derailleur hanger, and both rims. The hanger is my fault, however the wheels on my 10 are pretty cheap, and both bent.

other than that, i am definitely happy with my purchase, and i'm sure you will be as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Seems that the wheels are fairly decent, however, I may buy another set of good wheels for more trail/dirt use. Then use my stock ones for a little bit more "road friendly" set of tires. I use the local greenway and paved paths on my lunch break to slip in a little seat time....keeps my lungs up to snuff...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Was able to get the bike out today and get it a little dirty off the pavement! Sadly, I'm only a beginner, so nothing crazy...But I really enjoyed the hell out of myself being in the woods! I have a couple of pictures during and after that I'll post up soon!