mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Need main pivot bolt!!!!!

Doing some routine maintenance on my 09 Mission 2. Putting it back together I broke the main pivot bolt. Tried the local DB dealers no help there. So what next? Can I call DB direct?
    Last edited by Coopie; 08-28-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Singletrack Slayer
    If your local dealer can't get them, then I would call DB. But if they did actually call them then they may not have them.... Try ebay or find someone who has a cracked frame, maybe they would sell you a bolt...
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I think I will call DB direct see if they cant sell me one. They should have spare parts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Quick trip to the hardware store. This will have to do until Performance bike gets a hold of DB. Its ugly but strong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

My local DB dealer (Performance Bike) got back to me. DB just doesn't sell the bolt I need. You have to purchase the frame kit. The frame rebuild kit costs $114, which includes all bolts, bearings and bushings to rebuild the frame. It doesnt seem that bad cost wise. My Turner DHR rebuild kit is $70. My friends SX trail was $90 just for bearings. Has anyone else rebuilt their frame with this kit? and how much did you pay for it? BTW replaced my 160mm 55 with a 06 Z-1 SL 150mm, love it lowered the front a little climbs better, and this fork feels like its a pound lighter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not sure if the Sortie and Mission have the same sized Knuckle Box but...there's a Sortie kit available on eBay right now. Just do a search for "Diamondback Sortie".

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks. I ordered it, why not $25 bucks its worth it if the main pivot bolt threads onto my Mission 2. Why would't DB have a kit like that for the Mission? I can't be the only person who broke a pivot bolt.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well the kit came. $24.99 for all that. What a steal.

At first look it wasn't going to have anything I could use. Took the bolts out of the knuckle box and started to measure. Success. The two lower pivots are the same dimensions.

After install. I know I need to clean my trusty ride.

I rode 4-5 times with my hardware fix. Never felt flex in the rear. But this is the way the pivot should look. Thanks again for the heads up on the ebay kit. BC Multisport thanks for the fast ship and great deal.
    Last edited by Coopie; 09-14-2011 at 12:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Awesome! Glad everything worked out for you.

-Josh

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks again Josh. That was a sweet find. The new knuckle box is wider and thicker. Must stiffen the rear quite a bit on the newer models.