mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Need a little help over here...please

I bought a used 2012 DB Overdrive Sport (29er) frame on craigslist. There was not a headset included except a black cup on the bottom which I don't know if it is actually part of the frame or a pressed cup from the original headset.

I took it to the LBS and they couldn't figure out what headset would fit, but thought one would fit and was going to order it for $60.00. I told them to hold off as I didn't want to wait a week to get the part only for it to not be compatible.

Anyone with an overdrive sport, overdrive or response, can you please let me know what type of headset I need and if that bottom cup piece (black) is actually part of the frame or just pressed in from the original headset?

Thanks for all your help.

Also, specs from Diamondback list this as the headset:

Headset Integrated FSA Drop-in ACB upper, Zero Stack lower internal cup and cartridge bearing, 1 1/8"

Thanks,

Zak

mtbr member
    I would try calling Diamondback directly. I have been dealing with a warranty issue lately and they have been surprisingly good to deal with.

If that fails start contacting authorized Diamondback dealers. Someone out there has the answer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    I would try calling Diamondback directly. I have been dealing with a warranty issue lately and they have been surprisingly good to deal with.

If that fails start contacting authorized Diamondback dealers. Someone out there has the answer.
    Thanks for the input. The LBS I took it to yesterday is actually a DB dealer. I called another Diamondback supplier bike shop and got the same answer. ill try DB directly as they did help me find a derailleur hanger part #.

Didn't realize it would be this hard to find a headset.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I wouldn't have thought so either. Its not like your '12 Overdrive is a rare bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so either. Its not like your '12 Overdrive is a rare bike.
    Figured it out. Took it to a different LBS (when it wasn't close to closing time) and they noticed it was paint that made the bottom cup appear to be part of the frame. Pressed it out and pressed in a new bottom cup, top is integrated and drops right in. Took about 10 min.

Thanks again