mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Need help picking a bike or wait for 2015?

Hi so I've been looking at the Diamondback Sortie 2 or 2015 Mission 1 or 2 27.5.

I have a few questions.

Should I get the DB Sortie 1 and save the cost difference between 1 and 2 to use that money and upgrade to XT parts? Or should i just get Sortie 2 and call it a day

Second question is when does 2015 Sortie come out for purchase? I don't want to buy a 2014 and a month later the 2015 comes out with extra upgrades at same price.

I have access to pro deal so it needs to be a DB brand.
    Also I'm brand new to the hobby so I don't mind the wait. I currently just have a random cheap walmart bike that i bike around the neighborhood.

Thank you all for your inputs

links of the bikes I'm interested in

Diamondback Bicycles - Sortie 1 29

Diamondback Bicycles - Sortie 2 29

Diamondback Bicycles - Mission 1 27.5

mtbr member
    Buy as much bike as you can up front. I picked up the Mission 2 because, I did not want to wait for the Pro in October. I have already upgraded the wheels and brakes since those were the weakest links so far. I will be upgrading the forks when the new Marzocchi's land in Oct.

With the deal you are getting-- Buy as much bike as you can stomach. Even if you have to push outside your comfort zone a little.
    Diamondback Mission 2
    Mods to come

Unlike Stupidity... Genius has it's limits.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    You can do upgrades yourself with a little money if you shop around for best deals. Ribble has the whole xt set minus the brakes for I think $370 shipped to US. SLX seems like great deal on there also.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I also had some trouble deciding between the sortie 1 and 2 recently. I ordered on pro deal as well. Though I believe there are different levels of pro deals from DB for me, it was so little of a difference in price I would have been stupid to buy the sortie 1. I am loving my sortie 2 and it has been taking a beating and taking it well!!

Not sure if this applies to you but I had a fair amount of parts I swapped over from my previous bike. I was able to sell the stock easton parts and the pedals for enough to cover the difference in price from sortie 1 to sortie 2. Just another thing to consider.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thanks for all your input guys was much appreciated, I think I'll pick up the sortie 2 soon!