Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Has anyone tried registering their bike yet on the Diamondback site? The year of the bike only goes to 2014... And I can't find an email for Diamondback...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by seandh76 View Post
    Has anyone tried registering their bike yet on the Diamondback site? The year of the bike only goes to 2014... And I can't find an email for Diamondback...

I just registered it has a 2014 mission. I kinda figure all they really need to know is the serial number and your name.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Heres me hucking it off a 3 foot drop near my house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Mission One 27.5-drop-4.jpg  

My Mission One 27.5-drop-5.jpg  

My Mission One 27.5-drop-6.jpg  

My Mission One 27.5-drop-7.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawks01 View Post
    Be interesting to get a nice set of tubeless wheels and see how much weight you drop. Those AM280 wheels are pretty hefty.
    Yeah the wheels are pretty heavy. I just kept the wheels and put on some Spec Purgatory Grids. Seems to have good grip and they are stiffer than the Kendas that came on the bike.

I will say that the wheels material is very soft. I barely hit a rock on the side of the rim and it blew the tubeless seal because of a small dent.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

We the people ...

I'm building one part by part. My frame arrives tomorrow (last item) and I can't wait to build it up, ride it hard and put here my impressions.

My build will be:

• Diamondback Mission Pro frameset (the orangered one)
    • Rockshox Pike 160mm white suspension fork (adjustable travel)
    • SRAM Roam 50 wheels
    • SRAM X01 group/gear
    • Shimano XT brakes
    • Thomson 50mm stem
    • Thomson downhill 785mm handlebar
    • WTB saddle
    • Schwable Hans Dampf front tyre/ Rock Razor rear tyre
    • Crankbrothers Mallet 3 pedals

Next week I'll post the build here. Good rides!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Looks like an awesome build sheet! Be interesting to get feedback on those wheels.
    Bike Doctor

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Only come here to show us the parts together. The missing one is the front tyre, it don't comes yet. I'm very happy with that build. The frame is amazing beauty. Eye candy at last.

My Mission One 27.5-img_0003.jpg

mtbr member
    I have the Mission 2 and the wheels and brakes are the first thing to go. I upgraded to Charger Pro Sl Wheels and Stroker Ace Brakes.

I wanted the Mission Pro, but didn't want to wait until October, so I went with the 2 and started upgrading.
    Diamondback Mission 2
    Mods to come

Unlike Stupidity... Genius has it's limits.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac911 View Post
    I have the Mission 2 and the wheels and brakes are the first thing to go. I upgraded to Charger Pro Sl Wheels and Stroker Ace Brakes.

I wanted the Mission Pro, but didn't want to wait until October, so I went with the 2 and started upgrading.
    I was going to say brakes but I just looked and they used SRAM brakes on the mission 2, ehhhh. They should have went shimano there, their brakes hold up really well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    I was going to say brakes but I just looked and they used SRAM brakes on the mission 2, ehhhh. They should have went shimano there, their brakes hold up really well.
    Mine came with Elixir 5. Absolutely HORRIBLE brakes.
    Diamondback Mission 2
    Mods to come

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac911 View Post
    Mine came with Elixir 5. Absolutely HORRIBLE brakes.
    The shimano's that came on my mission one are actually pretty awesome. Thats weird they did that.

One thing I dont like about these bikes is the FSA Headset, there is not a secondary seal between the cup and crown race. Replaced mine with a cane creek.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife21 View Post
    The shimano's that came on my mission one are actually pretty awesome. Thats weird they did that.

One thing I dont like about these bikes is the FSA Headset, there is not a secondary seal between the cup and crown race. Replaced mine with a cane creek.
    Absolutely-- I had Shimano's on my 2012 Sortie 3 and they were awesome. I will dive into the headset when I upgrade the forks ( not a fan so far ). THanx for the head ups on that!
    Diamondback Mission 2
    Mods to come

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Here is my my firsts impressions about the Mission Pro 27.5Ē:

The bike is monstrously live! And think its a very capable bike, that encourage you against trail hazardous parts. Test some technical climbs and you need to change rear shock to Trail ou Climb mode, because some pedal hits can occur. The bike is very smooth n transitions and stay grounded do the ground if you like to rolling through the things. Personally, I prefer jumping, and you donít get disappointed on that bike.

My initial impressions are very very good. Only time can say what to do next. Itís about me now, the bike its only waiting the rider improve.

Wheels: Iím using SRAM Roam 50 and can confirm thats a really nice wheel. Itís on stiff side, with a very silent hub (you simple canít rear the bike if your arenít jump things). In combination with Schwalbe Hans Dampf and Rock Razor, the system pedaling with low rolling resistance, but not only that. In rock sections you feel the rear pass through rocks with ease. Iím still working to find out a good tire pressure.

Headset: change the original FSA to Cane Creek, fits really well and more robust. Think that its last forever (or so).

Frame: only the rear break cable is outside the frame. Droper and rear derailleur inside. Use the bottom frame hole to pass rear derailleur and crank side frame hole to dropper. Nice and clean with space to car rack.

Well, thats my little contribution.

My Mission One 27.5-img_4229.jpgMy Mission One 27.5-img_4232.jpg

mtbr member
    Absolutely stellar Rodrigo. Very nice ride.
    Diamondback Mission 2
    Mods to come

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo Forrequi View Post
    Here is my my firsts impressions about the Mission Pro 27.5Ē:

The bike is monstrously live! And think its a very capable bike, that encourage you against trail hazardous parts. Test some technical climbs and you need to change rear shock to Trail ou Climb mode, because some pedal hits can occur. The bike is very smooth n transitions and stay grounded do the ground if you like to rolling through the things. Personally, I prefer jumping, and you donít get disappointed on that bike.

My initial impressions are very very good. Only time can say what to do next. Itís about me now, the bike its only waiting the rider improve.

Wheels: Iím using SRAM Roam 50 and can confirm thats a really nice wheel. Itís on stiff side, with a very silent hub (you simple canít rear the bike if your arenít jump things). In combination with Schwalbe Hans Dampf and Rock Razor, the system pedaling with low rolling resistance, but not only that. In rock sections you feel the rear pass through rocks with ease. Iím still working to find out a good tire pressure.

Headset: change the original FSA to Cane Creek, fits really well and more robust. Think that its last forever (or so).

Frame: only the rear break cable is outside the frame. Droper and rear derailleur inside. Use the bottom frame hole to pass rear derailleur and crank side frame hole to dropper. Nice and clean with space to car rack.

Well, thats my little contribution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4229.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	912872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4232.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	912873
    Looks killer man. I'm jealous I couldn't get that color of a frame on my mission one haha. Very nice setup man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2