Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Mason HT

fan of maple syrup
    Just curiously, what sort of rear axle does this frame run? I know it's 142 x 12, but I'm a little unsure whether it's Syntace, Rockshox maxle, or if they're the same, or if it's something else?

Reason I ask: I'm interested in the frame-only option (since I've got an XC 29er with wheels, brakes & drivetrain I'm happy to keep and swap over), and by the looks of the photos the frame-only option doesn't come with the rear axle (though it does come with a KS dropper post - sweet!).

So I'm wondering what type of axle I need to buy, and then I'll need to know what sort of adapters I'll have to get for my Hope Pro2 Evo rear hub. They have "12mm both thru" and "X12" options.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Mason HT

Quote Originally Posted by Performula View Post
    Large will be fine. Price?
    15 for the pro

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    anyone have idea of price for 2014 frame-only? or maybe it frame/seatpost?

Got Twins?
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    Just curiously, what sort of rear axle does this frame run? I know it's 142 x 12, but I'm a little unsure whether it's Syntace, Rockshox maxle, or if they're the same, or if it's something else?

Reason I ask: I'm interested in the frame-only option (since I've got an XC 29er with wheels, brakes & drivetrain I'm happy to keep and swap over), and by the looks of the photos the frame-only option doesn't come with the rear axle (though it does come with a KS dropper post - sweet!).

So I'm wondering what type of axle I need to buy, and then I'll need to know what sort of adapters I'll have to get for my Hope Pro2 Evo rear hub. They have "12mm both thru" and "X12" options.
    nuclear_
    From what I've gathered, the frame set does come with a Rock Shox Maxle and I thought a rear hub. That may have changed for 2014. I know 2013's had the hub.

As for which Hope adapters, I would go with 12mm over the X12. You may want to talk to Hope or your LBS to confirm. I am not an expert on the differences between the two systems.

L8
    Let us Ride!

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by l84biking View Post
    nuclear_
    From what I've gathered, the frame set does come with a Rock Shox Maxle and I thought a rear hub. That may have changed for 2014. I know 2013's had the hub.

As for which Hope adapters, I would go with 12mm over the X12. You may want to talk to Hope or your LBS to confirm. I am not an expert on the differences between the two systems.

L8
    I contacted an owner from earlier in the thread and he confirmed it's a Rockshox maxle axle, and was pretty sure the frame-only comes with at least an axle. It will arrive in a week or so - then I'll know the deal.

As for the Hope adapters, the FAQ on the CRC page for the adapters seemed to indicate X12, and then Hope confirmed this in an email. I gather from what I've read and have been told, it seems that the 142 x 12 standard was started by Syntace, who called it X12 (anyone feel free to correct me on that). Indeed there are 142 x 12 rear ends out there that require longer axles to cope with a pivot point concentric to the rear axle (Devinci, Trek), but as far as hub standards go, Syntace X12 seems to be the interface that's required.

About to order stem, bars and a Hope ISCG chain guide. Then I'll be ready to put it all together in a few weeks. Will probably switch from my Panaracer Rampage 2.35's to Ardent 2.4's sometime after that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4