mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Mason FS pro/standard pricing

The other thread mentions the pricing on the HT bikes, but I didn't see anything about the FS pricing. So I just gave DB a call.

Mason FS Pro: $6,000 MSRP
    Mason FS: $3,500 MSRP

Guy said both bikes are shipping the second week of September.

Honestly, I think DB is out of their mind charging that much for the Pro model. There are a lot of LT FS bikes in the market with better part spec for less than that. I can see the standard filling a lower price hole however.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks, good to know! I hope they offer a frame only option too!

mtbr member
    Interesting. 6K is a really tough pill for an aluminum framed bike in this segment. It's got a real nice spec, but buyers in this range will expect carbon frames, internal routing, RS Reverb Stealth, and maybe innovations like adjustable geo. Gonna be tough sledding vs the likes of the Ibis Ripley, offerings from Rocky Mtn, and other brands with more rapport in the high end market.

It looks like the Mason FS(standard) is spec'd equivalently to the Mason HT Pro(or the 2013 Mason HT), with two major exceptions: No dropper post and no i23 wheels. I presume the AM290HD wheels spec'd on the lower Mason models are either house brand or Alex Rims level gear. Can't find anything on them.

Basically, you pay a 1K premium for the FS Mason, but have to invest another 300ish to add your own dropper, and get a likely heavier, and lower quality, wheelset. The wheel spec on a $3.5 K bike seems questionable.

Also hoping for a frame only option.