View Poll Results: Should I use my almost new Marz 44 RLO or get the Manitou Firefly

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • '11 Marzocchi 44 RLO 140mm

2 100.00%
  • '05 Manitou Firefly 110mm-150mm

0 0%
    13 yrs old in my own mind

Marz 44 RLO or a '05 Manitou Firefly?

So here is the deal;

Got my new mission frame on the way and I can not really afford to buy a nice new 150mm-160mm fork at the moment.

I have less then a 3 month old Marz 44 RLO @ 140mm travel. I have found a deal on a '05 Manitou Sherman Firefly adjustable 110mm-150mm for less than a $150

Should I use the Marz 44 on my new Mission at 140mm or buy the old skool manitou to do 150mm until I can get a better front fork?
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

Sheesh!!!! well the Manitou slipped out from under me. I think I decided to just hang on and use my 140mm Marz 44 until I can afford / get a deal on a tapered 150mm+ fork. I already ordered the FSA reducer crown race to use my straight 1 1/8 fork. I guess you can not delete or alter the pole once it starts????

If there is a mod around delete this thread...... pLeAsE
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltoy View Post
    Sheesh!!!! well the Manitou slipped out from under me. I think I decided to just hang on and use my 140mm Marz 44 until I can afford / get a deal on a tapered 150mm+ fork. I already ordered the FSA reducer crown race to use my straight 1 1/8 fork. I guess you can not delete or alter the pole once it starts????

If there is a mod around delete this thread...... pLeAsE
    Zoke over a Manipou any day
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

Let the good times roll.
    Don't hate on Manitou. The Nixon Elite is one of the best air forks I've ever ridden.

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by miniwisejosh View Post
    Don't hate on Manitou. The Nixon Elite is one of the best air forks I've ever ridden.
    Dude, I've had my fair experience w them, No way is the mantou better than a Fox Float or a Rock Shock Revalation...... IMO
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles View Post
    Dude, I've had my fair experience w them, No way is the mantou better than a Fox Float or a Rock Shock Revalation...... IMO
    You guys are funny...........Out of using all three (Marzocchi, FOX, and Rock) I lean to the Marz. My wifes old MOAB 3 had a Manitou and it was never re-build after 8 years after her abuse and I saw many a good reviews on the Firefly plus, but it was from 2005........... it is gone now anywho.

The whole reason I did this thread and poll, was I was thinking running a 140mm fork on a MISSION might not feel right, but the more I looked at it, the difference in reality of a 140mm to a 150mm is like .41" oh wow (sarcasm) plus the pre '10 MISSION had 140mm forks spec'ed, so I am not worried, I will keep my brand new 44 until I can afford a nice taper fork with a new set of wheels to match.

BTW: FOX makes great product; however, they are incredibly overrated and charge ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS prices for their MTB products.

Just to give you a comparison : click on this link FOX OFFROAD coil over I use to build custom offroad buggies and Jeeps for a living. One of this shocks above link is $350 for this large shock with a remote reservoir, FOX gets away with charging $600+ for a fork for a mountain bike????? R&D my tushee, they are strong in the offroad community as well and no way they would survive against BILSTEIN or KING SHOCK if they mark up like they do in the MTB world.

Well AFTER I ordered the FSA taper crown reducer as I was just goign to use my Marz 44. I came across a deal and got me a Rochshox Lyrik Solo-air 160mm, w/tapered steerer and 20mm maxle for a great price!

Anyone need a FSA crown race reducer???????

(not the actual fork I bought)
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 09-30-2011 at 01:50 PM.