mtbr member
    Jun 2011

In the market for a new diamondback, which one is better?

Im in the market for a new diamondback. Im trying to decide which bike is better. I deciding between the Sortie 2 or the Mission 1. the mission 1 seems to have longer travel suspension I guess cause of the class? Now I hit some heavy terrain which is a better bet?
    Note: I cant go any higher on price of these bikes

http://www.diamondback.com/bikes/mtn.../mission-1-11/

http://www.diamondback.com/bikes/mtn...n/sortie-2-11/

Singletrack Slayer
    If you ride xc and want a bike that can handle rough trails the Sortie is it. The Mission will give you a lot more fun on downhills and drops, etc. Still climbs well and can be a fun do all "All Mountain" rig, just beefier bike to sum it up. The Sortie is going to be lighter and have a geometry for xc, so if you like to ride 20 mile rides, for example. and go out on xc rides mostly, both will work but the Sortie makes more sense, IMO. The mission is great if you like to bomb dh and still ride up the mountain, super fun bike!

So....what is your riding going to consist of? How do you ride? What do your friends ride, if you do what they are doing, ie? This will help you make a better choice...
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks on the help, I will be getting the mission. We hit some heavy stuff. Stuff that one time broke some poor kids no name full suspension bike in one trail ride. Thanks for the help