mtbr member
    May 2009

Lux sport sizing

I'm planning on getting my girlfriend a mountain bike for her birthday but would rather do it without letting her know. I know that probably won't happen but I'd like to try here first anyway to see if anyone can help me get an idea.

She's 5'7" so it's either a small (15"st 21" tt) or a medium (17"st 22"tt) On the DB website it shows 5'3"-5'7" for a small and 5'7"-5'11" for a medium. She likes riding beach cruisers with me and always says she'd like to start mountain biking so she's be new as it comes so I doubt shes going to be bombing any downhill or anything like it so that factors in, but I don't think she's going to want to be bent too far forward and stretched out either.

Any ideas would be great, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Well, at 5'7", most of the people I've fitted for the Lux Sport tend to go to the 17" frame size (ST measurement) But this is kinda dependent on her inseam. Would you say she's moderately or long legged? If so, I'd probably say go with the 17" If the reach feels a little distant, you can always get her a shorter stem.

Singletrack Slayer
    Probably a Med 17" IMO, But women are harder to fit by just height! Might need a shorter stem or just slide the seat a bit forward, The 15" S might be a bit cramped for her, But if she has a shorter torso, more leg, then it might work
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

Butts Up Fast!
    Im looking at a xs(13") Lux for my wife. She's 5' flat in shoes. I've even looked at dirt jumpers and 24" cruisers to maybe fit her better.