mtbr member

Last ride on my mission.

Lets see if this works. Last ride on the 2010 Mission...replacing this frame with a 2011 GT Force. I went to pull the BB on the Mission so I could switch to another crankset and when I pulled the non drive side cup its was cross threaded...long story short my fault and now the frame is history...enjoy:

LOWER RUSH DRAPER UTAH. from mojojojoaf on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    It can be fixed. Park tools makes tools that will rethread bottom brackets. Just take it to a bike shop, they can fix it.

mtbr member
    There has to be enough material there to thread and there wasn't - I did take it to the shop and the tool had nothing to bite into....yeah it was ugly, I couldn't figure out how I did it as I have never cross threaded a BB before- but as it is I will have the new frame by Tuesday built up and then my friend and I will bond the cup to the frame (reinforce with rivets) and then let one of his sons ride the frame who is about 80lbs lighter than me- I bet he can get 2 more season out of it easy.

mtbr member
    my friend had the same problem with BB, went to workshop and they can so called "Italian" thread, and it works for 2 years no problems.
    I'm from Ukraine, Kiev
    I'm graphics and web designer
    Follow me on Behance