mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Just Ordered '11 Mission 1

Just wanted to say thanks for the info on this forum, it helps us noobs a lot. I just ordered a 2011 Mission 1, and I think I got an amazing deal on it. It is my first mountain bike, and I am excited to start riding. I'll post pics when it arrives.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    congrats on the purchase....may i ask where you bought it from....i too am in the market for a mission.

feel free to pm me with the information

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey47 View Post
    congrats on the purchase....may i ask where you bought it from....i too am in the market for a mission.

feel free to pm me with the information
    I bought it through Promotive.com with a military deal. If you can get on there, I don't think you'll find a better deal. DB is trying to get rid of the 2011's, so the discount is pretty deep. Good luck in your search.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Man I am no longer in the service. Is there a way I can sign up as a vet, I don't have an ako account anymore.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey47 View Post
    Man I am no longer in the service. Is there a way I can sign up as a vet, I don't have an ako account anymore.
    I had to use my .mil email address. I'm not really sure if you have to be active or not. I would just contact promotive and try to find out. I would guess that there is a way for you to get access. I got the bike for $1250 shipped, so its probably worth the effort.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    why didnt you just order the mission 2? is there a big difference between the 1 and 2?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpointoffroad View Post
    why didnt you just order the mission 2? is there a big difference between the 1 and 2?

Dude, you have asked the same damn question in the top 4 threads in this section alone. Are you serious?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilmoth View Post
    I bought it through Promotive.com with a military deal. If you can get on there, I don't think you'll find a better deal. DB is trying to get rid of the 2011's, so the discount is pretty deep. Good luck in your search.
    Ditto. I was going to get the Mission 3 based on the previous discount, but the discount just went up so I said screw it and with the Mission 4. Now if DB would put their DH bike on there

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice View Post
    Ditto. I was going to get the Mission 3 based on the previous discount, but the discount just went up so I said screw it and with the Mission 4. Now if DB would put their DH bike on there
    I'm sure the higher end missions are an even better deal, but I really didn't want to spend more than I did since its my first MTB. The 1 & 2 were the only ones in my budget, and I didn't see anything on the 2 that made it worthwhile, at least for me. If I end up riding a lot I will definitely upgrade. My dilemma was whether I should buy the Sortie 3, because it was the same price as the Mission 1. Obviously in the end I went for more travel.

mtbr member
    Wow, I just got access to that site today (military). They have some screamin deals on there. I got my 2010 mission throught giant nerd for 1300, which was a good deal. Had I waited and known about promotive, I could have spent a little more and got a 2011 mission 2. Oh well, I'm happy with my bike. 1250, for a 2011 is pretty good. Good job.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    How long did it take for them to process your order? I ordered mine a couple days ago...to good of a deal to pass up! I'm not in a huge hurry to get the bike, currently in Afghanistan, but it would be nice to know that the bike is home waiting for me...along with some other things!

mtbr member
    Shipped the day after ordering. Transit took about a week. Thank you service members for what you do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for the info. I just checked and it says preparing for shipment!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I ordered mine on a Monday and it was delivered that Friday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Shipping is real quick from the promotive deal. Took a week exactly from when I ordered it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Well Guys I ordered my bike on Sunday and it arrived yesterday! I can't believe it. Thanks Promotive and Diamondback for the hook-up! Now if I could on get out of here and back home to ride it...