mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Got the 2005 M80 Today

Just wanted to kinda give alittle review on the 2005 becuase i had a hard time finding info on this model while i was shoping. I took it out for a ride today and what i found most impressive is the brakes. I know that the disc are not broke in or anything like that but they still have a really good feel to them. I found the bike to be alot lighter than my specialized hardrock (2002) or atleast it felt that way. I also wanted to ask if there is anything that i should know about the care of the disc's brakes? I am new to this aspect or rididng and i was needing alittle help.
    Thanks in advance
    Ben

Nightriding rules SuperModerator

About disc brakes...

don't touch the rotors with your fingers or any kind of grease or oil, not because of the rotors but because of the pads... if the pads get contaminated it is a pain to get them to work again, or most likely you will need new ones. Use Isopropyl alcolhol to clean the rotors... that"s about it..... Enjoy your new bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cris

Jeff_FLG

Wife's bike!

Quote Originally Posted by ball2687
    Just wanted to kinda give alittle review on the 2005 becuase i had a hard time finding info on this model while i was shoping. I took it out for a ride today and what i found most impressive is the brakes.
    Ben
    My wife got the 05 M80 for our anniversary (at her request ...I've finally brought her over to the dark side ). The disc brakes feel very nice indeed. She picked the M80 over comparable Trek, Kona, and Jamis models, and so far we have not been disappointed. The bike seemed to have pretty good bang for the buck on the specs. It's the first bike we've had with disc brakes as well. I took a his n' hers pic shortly after we got it...

Now all we have to do is get our boys old enough that we can actually go for a ride together (or bring them and kill ourselves trying to keep up).