mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Good deal on Diamondback Overdrive

I just saw this on REI, a Diamondback Overdrive 29er for 499.93. I'm not real familiar with Diamondback's but it sounds like a good deal.

Diamondback Overdrive 29er Mountain Bike - 2010 Special Buy at REI-OUTLET.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I picked up one of these a few months ago. So far its been a great bike for me. I ride about 3 times a week. Brakes work well and shifting is crisp. Working on a single speed conversion.. The bike is a little heavy but it doesn't bother me..

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just got one this week at Sport Chalet- same price (well, 6 pennies more...) and kinda digging it. Love the lockout fork for street, the hard tail is easier for me to get going. I don't know much about the weight, but I like the sturdiness and feel more in the bike than on it.

No regrets!
    08 D'back Response SC
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

Singletrack Slayer
    Yes, good deal, great bike!! IT is a great entry 29er and it's a solid bike for the money, msrp is 600. There are a few left then we wait for 2012 to be available.... The look sweet
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I’m about ready to purchase an Overdrive 29er and I was wondering about the sizing. I’m 5’8” with an inseam of around 31”. According to DB I should be riding a medium (18”). But that seems a bit big… Should I drop down to a small (16”)?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I am 6' with an inseam of 33-34 and I am on the 18 perfectly. I think the 16 is your ticket. Mine gets better and better all the time.

Straddle and see.
    08 D'back Response SC
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Xer View Post
    I am 6' with an inseam of 33-34 and I am on the 18 perfectly. I think the 16 is your ticket. Mine gets better and better all the time.

Straddle and see.
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Xer View Post

Straddle and see.
    I'm ordering this bike directly from Diamondback through a special buying program with my job. I was hoping to take it for a test drive beforehand, but I'm having trouble locating it in my neck of the woods. If the medium fits you perfectly, I think I'll be safe with the small. I'll be making my purchase here in the next couple of days, so if anyone else wants to chime in, that would be greatly appreciated.

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Quote Originally Posted by mg2380 View Post
    I'm ordering this bike directly from Diamondback through a special buying program with my job. I was hoping to take it for a test drive beforehand, but I'm having trouble locating it in my neck of the woods. If the medium fits you perfectly, I think I'll be safe with the small. I'll be making my purchase here in the next couple of days, so if anyone else wants to chime in, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I am 6 foot with a 32" inseam and ride an 18" frame with a 110mm stem and a setback seatpost. Fits me perfect. I always recomend the smaller of 2 frame sizes if you are having trouble deciding. You can always add a longer stem and set back seat post. I find that a smaller frame is always easier to swing around under you while riding. So if you cant decide between the smal and medium go for the small and maybe add a longer stem.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor StrongBad View Post
    I am 6 foot with a 32" inseam and ride an 18" frame with a 110mm stem and a setback seatpost. Fits me perfect. I always recomend the smaller of 2 frame sizes if you are having trouble deciding. You can always add a longer stem and set back seat post. I find that a smaller frame is always easier to swing around under you while riding. So if you cant decide between the smal and medium go for the small and maybe add a longer stem.

Cheers!
    Sounds like I'll be ordering a small!