mtbr member

fair price for 2009 sortie 3 frame

I've got the opportunity to purchase a 2009 sortie 3 frame. It only includes the frame, seatpost, rear shock, and wheels. There is no fork, drivetrain, handlebars, stem, brakes, headset, or bottom bracket. The guy rode it 5 times and parted it out.

I haven't done a lot of research into the diamondbacks and don't know what a fair price would be on this frame. any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

mtbr member

My 2c

Quote Originally Posted by drwx View Post
    I've got the opportunity to purchase a 2009 sortie 3 frame. It only includes the frame, seatpost, rear shock, and wheels. There is no fork, drivetrain, handlebars, stem, brakes, headset, or bottom bracket. The guy rode it 5 times and parted it out.

I haven't done a lot of research into the diamondbacks and don't know what a fair price would be on this frame. any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last year I bought a 2010 Sortie Black frame (w/ rear fox RP23 HV/BV shock, headset, and front SRAM derailleur) for $500 shipped. It was nearly new with like 10 rides... immaculately clean.

I'd say for a 2009, you should pay no more than $350-400. What rear shock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave View Post
    Last year I bought a 2010 Sortie Black frame (w/ rear fox RP23 HV/BV shock, headset, and front SRAM derailleur) for $500 shipped. It was nearly new with like 10 rides... immaculately clean.

I'd say for a 2009, you should pay no more than $350-400. What rear shock?
    rp23