mtbr member

Expected down time waiting for replacemnt raleighw/ replacement frame from Raleight?

I had a friend discovered that his Raleigh Inferno had a crack in the frame. Anyone here ever have to warranty a Raleigh frame, if so how long was your wait for a replacement?

Thanks,
    phil.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

For the masses

Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    I had a friend discovered that his Raleigh Inferno had a crack in the frame. Anyone here ever have to warranty a Raleigh frame, if so how long was your wait for a replacement?

Thanks,
    phil.
    I replied to Phil's private message already, but I figure it wouldn't do any harm to repeat my self here.

The thing to do is take your bike to a Raleigh (if it's a Raleigh bike) or Diamondback (if it's a Diamdondback dealer) with your proof of purchase ASAP. The warranty process will NOT start unless the bike is in the hands of a dealer. The IBD will then conctact Raleigh/Diamondback and thus the warranty process will begin. Depending on frame availability, it shouldn't take too long before the new frame arrives, providing it is a warrantiable issue. Also remember, if you have an old bike (mid 90s or older) you may need to pay out of pocket for parts that may not pass over to a newer frame. That's the 411!
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info MY -

The bike was in for new bushings/bearings at the shop/raleigh dealer and they noticed it, so it's already in the hands of the IBD, he's getting an entire new frame minus shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow
    I replied to Phil's private message already, but I figure it wouldn't do any harm to repeat my self here.

The thing to do is take your bike to a Raleigh (if it's a Raleigh bike) or Diamondback (if it's a Diamdondback dealer) with your proof of purchase ASAP. The warranty process will NOT start unless the bike is in the hands of a dealer. The IBD will then conctact Raleigh/Diamondback and thus the warranty process will begin. Depending on frame availability, it shouldn't take too long before the new frame arrives, providing it is a warrantiable issue. Also remember, if you have an old bike (mid 90s or older) you may need to pay out of pocket for parts that may not pass over to a newer frame. That's the 411!

E !

cool

Sorry for the high jack. I have been putting quite a few miles on my talus(i got it off e-bay and built it up ss) and really like this frames handling. Although it seems the paint is chipping away very easily. and i am not too impressed with the zero stack HS but, what the hey!
    Do you see raleigh making a comeback of sorts for the next generation mellow yellow?
    Also ,Do you have any info on why they use the zero stack Hs as opposed to the normally used version.attached-nightride shot from bootleg canyon@ boulder city, NV.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the - E - dog

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Zero Stack and More...

Quote Originally Posted by E !
    Sorry for the high jack. I have been putting quite a few miles on my talus(i got it off e-bay and built it up ss) and really like this frames handling. Although it seems the paint is chipping away very easily. and i am not too impressed with the zero stack HS but, what the hey!
    Do you see raleigh making a comeback of sorts for the next generation mellow yellow?
    Also ,Do you have any info on why they use the zero stack Hs as opposed to the normally used version.attached-nightride shot from bootleg canyon@ boulder city, NV.
    Sorry it took so long to reply, i didn't notice this message at the bottom of this post

Raleigh: the 2006 model year is going to definately be edgier! colors and designs will catch your attention. I'm not at liberty to tell you what i've seen, but I'm already salivating over two of the bikes

Zero stack: The reasons why zero stack is better than conventional is several:
    1- it makes the bike look more seemless
    2- bigger head tube makes it also stronger
    3- because the headste cup is bigger and it works directly with the head tube, it makes the headset stronger.

I'll reveal 2006 stuff when the powers that be give me the OK.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Mine Took 3 Months....

My drastically upgraded M80 cracked at the headtube after 5 years and my NYC dealer (Frank's Bike Shop) got me a new one. It took 3 months.... Maybe it was (bad) luck about the wait? The new one is a beauty though. Jet black with no decals or head badge, just the way I like it. The new frame came with the internal headset at no charge.... Nacho is the warranty guy at Raleigh and he is pretty cool. They were waiting for the container from China to arrive with the frames.....

CR