mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Diamondback Sorrento

I broke my front fork and I am a total newb to bikes in general.

One of the ears on the front fork (where the wheel mounts) is completely missing.

I would like to upgrade to a better front fork. Can anyone recommend a nice replacement?

I have been searching,but with me being fairly new to this hobby,I am a little bit overwhelmed by all of the info/products that I have found on the net.

Replacing the entire bike is not really an option at this point.

Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Singletrack Slayer
    Well for what you paid for the bike a decent fork would run that much. Just put on a ridgid fork and save some money, The Sorrento is not a good choice for MTB, more light gravel park pathways and such. The stock fork is a joke anyway. Find a good deal on a RS dart 1 and you might drop 150 bucks.

How the hell did you break the dropout tab on the fork
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

Weekend Warrior
    Look around on Ebay....you can find a Rockshox dart for under a $100 easily. just watch the listings.
    Rule number 2: Stay in the middle of the trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles
    The Sorrento is not a good choice for MTB,
    I'm just wondering what that is? I personally have an '07 model. I've taken it on fire roads, single tracks, some downhill with child fist size rocks, etc. I'll admit the fork sucks at dampening, but its held its own...
    Thanks!

How the hell did you break the dropout tab on the fork
    Probably over tightened it and stressed the metal? My Sorrento was used, but mint. And the last owner had both QR's WAY too tight.

Tula1953r: Check Craigslist, or look for a local MTB group, I know on SoCalTrailRiders some people just give away forks, they're shitty, but they'll work.
    Last edited by UEDan; 05-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Singletrack Slayer
    Not surprised with a 07 model, is was better speced IMO, had a better fork and crankset. For fireroads and such no problem. Just not a good choice for a more serious tria rider. For 50 bucks more get a response!
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~