mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Diamondback Response Xe

What is everyone's thought on this bike? I have a chance to pick up a practically brand new bike, less than a month old for $225. Will be mostly used for riding around town and at my hunting club during deer and turkey season. I won't be doing any jumps or crazy trails, but I want a bike that will hold up. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good deal to me. It should hold up just fine for that type of riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I got a Diamondback Response XE in May, 2011 at Dick's Sporting Goods for $299. It's been pretty reliable but the components are just cheap enough that you should know/learn how to adjust derailleurs and disc brakes and carry a multitool and collapsible screwdriver in case the chain comes off and gets trapped between the sprocket and frame (happened 2x to novice me go). As a newbie to anything more than the old 3-speeds of the 1960's, such adjustments have been good training. I

use it for exercise and replaced the seat with a padded seat with shocks and replace the handlebars with ergonomic ones, otherwise the addition of a rack is it. I weighed around 300 lbs in 2011 and 232 now, though Calorie Counting is more responsible for the weight loss. The bike's helped me get back into shape.

mtbr member
    I own one I think it's an awesome bike that has a very good built frame! I'm planning on changing out my groupset soon!