Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Diamondback quality?

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DavidNeiles 
#1 ·
I am in the market for a road bike and Diamondback is on my short list. RBR doesn't have a DB section so I thought I'd ask here since it's a pretty general question which should spill over to the road bikes too, so, those of you that have DB bikes, how do you find the quality of the bike? Anything about them that you don't like? I know that the prices on these things are hard to beat, and they look great, just wondering how well they are built and just the general consensus since I can't see one (road bike) before buying. I have seen a couple DB mountain bikes in person so I know that at least those looked pretty good IMO.

#2 ·
I'm in the same boat except I am looking at a Diamondback mountain bike. They seem to be priced very well for the components that come on it.

The few things I have read say the frames are good just can be somewhat heavy sometimes.

And some people complain about there not being enough local DB dealers around.

But for the amount of money I can save on one I think I will probably go with it and hope for the best lol.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks, that's the impression I have gotten. The bikes BD are putting out now are very nice looking bikes. The road bikes I would never think that they were a less expensive brand by the looks. I wonder how they keep the prices down?

#8 ·
As far as quality of the bike, frames are well made and I would put the Mission and the Sortie on my short list of favorite FS bikes. I have owned countless bikes over 16 yrs and Diamondback has been killing it here in the last few yrs! I would put the Road bikes on same level and they are comparable to any major brand out there. They don't have as many styles of Road bikes as other big companies but that is nice to keep the cost down and make it a little easier to pick a bike IMO. I would not say they are so much less expensive than other brands, just found at great prices since you can buy online, etc. Overall If you look at a Podium 3 or above it's a great starting road bike for the " Bang for buck" out there IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.