mtbr member

Diamondback Haanjo

Has anyone bought or demoed the Haanjo? There are a lot of this style of bike hitting the market but the price to components list for the Haanjo is pretty impressive. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm also interested. Looks to be a good gravel grinder, back roads, forest road, bike packing, even century rider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Very seriously considering pulling the trigger and buy this bike.
    Wasn't too keen on the yellow paint, but its really starting to grow on me.
    There are a few other bikes on my list of possibles but the DB Haanjo is at the top
    The Haanjo Comp looks good too but the 24H wheels seem to wimpy for me. the 28H on the basic is pushing it as it is. Would prefer 32H

New fork for my 29er first tho...

mtbr member
    I agree that the wheels suck but that's pretty normal for this price point. Amazon of all places is selling the basic Haanjo for $800. For that price upgrading the wheels wouldn't be so bad.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Its a good entry level bike for the money I use it as a commuter. 8 miles trail 13 miles road. Changed out the bars for carbon and larger wider tires on the front. Wheels suck ash they became untrue within three rides I guess it didn't help that I'm a 230lb rider. Called Diamondback and receive new wheels tires and cassette no questions asked. Still eventually will upgrade the wheels. On trails this bike can take a beating only thing is its full rigid I can't take the beating. I can say the more I ride it on the trails the smother I ride. The cons are the brakes and wheels. It takes a lot of tweaking to get those Avid's to work properly. I hope this help with your bike purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diamondback Haanjo-img_0368%5B1%5D.jpg  

Diamondback Haanjo-img_0371%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    thanks for the post eluv.

the BB5 have got to be easier to dial in than the Tektro Novelas I have on my 29er. Those things are horrid!
    glad my BB7's arrived, waiting on new levers & cables before installing.

I am heavier than you but I am still interested in that Haanjo in spite of the wheels. It will be mostly ridden on pavement of various quality.

I've a mess of performance team points saved up. makes the price point of the bike even more attractive

mtbr member
    @Whacked, for pavement you will be fine. Diamondback's warranty is excellent. I think the wheels i got were not tension properly. I have about 400 miles of both road and trail miles on them and they are holding up. Since you are a bigger rider I would suggest getting wider tires and having Performance tune it after 100 miles.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yea, not too worried really.
    Only issues I had wheel-wise was years ago. Trek 8300 retrue rear wheel shortly after purchase, and good since. I rode that bike HARD.
    My old roadie. broke quite a few spokes when I upgraded the hub and went double butted spokes (kept the same rim). More I think more I suspect a lot of it was poor build. finally tossed it when I found a flat spot on rim. bought a 36H and used it on indoor trainer until BB seized.

Pretty happy with my '11 DB Overdrive 29er. Zero issues with that bike.

If I do buy the bike, I can have the mechanic test spoke tension before I leave.