Big_biker4

New question here. diamondback coperhead good bike for beginer?

I'm 12 and I've been looking into buying either a Giant Boulder se or a Diamondback Coper head.
    I'm not sure which one i want. but i'm a beginner and the diamond back is cheaper and almost has the same components as the giant. The last bike i had I totally wrecked(although it was a crappy bike,Tech Team) so now i'm looking into something more expensive and last.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    The Diamondback website had nothing on a Copperhead bike back as far as 2002. The only info I could find was for a Diamondback Copperhead that is listed as a youth sized bike with 24” wheels and a frame made from ‘hi-ten steel’. It was this site:

http://www.bayviewcycle.com/NewFiles...erhead_24.html

FRAME New oversize frame design.

FORK Hi ten Steel

WHEELS Alloy rims with cross-tread tires for extra traction.

COMPONENTS 15 Speed Revo Shift with Shimano Derailleurs. Alloy linear pull brakes. Seat and handle bar adjust up for a few year growth.

AGE RANGE 9 -12

COLOURS Red

SIZES 24" wheels

They also had a Copperhead that was listed with the rest of their XC mountain bikes, but had no other info on it.

IMHO, if this is the bike you are looking at (regardless of which Copperhead it is), I would go with the Giant Boulder SE. The fact that little to no information is available is a red flag to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_biker4
    I'm 12 and I've been looking into buying either a Giant Boulder se or a Diamondback Coper head.
    I'm not sure which one i want. but i'm a beginner and the diamond back is cheaper and almost has the same components as the giant. The last bike i had I totally wrecked(although it was a crappy bike,Tech Team) so now i'm looking into something more expensive and last.
    The Diamondback copperhead is an obsolete model and depending on the discount it may not be the best choice. You may want to look into the Raleigh M20 as a head to head comparison for the Boulder SE. The M20 still comes in at about $25-30 less than the giant and the Diamondback Sorrento is also the same price as the Boulder SE. Also remember that the fit is the most important part of how the bike rides so be sure to test ride each of them. Good luck..