mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Diamondback Adult Response XE vs. Nishiki Adult Kinzua 29er

I am looking at a specialized hardrock, nishiki kinzua and a diamondback response...

http://www.*****sportinggoods.com/pr...18012.12458051

http://www.*****sportinggoods.com/pr...18012.12458051
    I thought I would come here and ask the diamondback fans... why should I purchase the diamondback over the others!?

I am worried about purchasing the Nishiki since I have never heard of it before but the price seems too good to pass up.. thoughts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Nobody has an opinion on the Nishiki? I thought some may have some experience since the diamondback and nishiki at both sold at DSG

mtbr member
    I have some (too much, some would say) experience with both of these. I say go with the Nishiki, more bang for the buck. Lock out fork (no lock out on the DB even tho it's listed as such). Metal pedals and the brakes on the Nishiki are much better (again, the parts list for the DB on the website is way wrong, the ones on the Response really suck!)
    Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey there,

I am sure you probably bought a bike by now, but I recently purchased my Nishiki Kinzua 29er from Dick's sporting goods and have had it out on some trails at Park Side and Petrified springs in WI. These are a variation of flat spans and drops and rises. A lot of everything and plenty of trail obstacles and demanding terrain. The bike has done great! I have been pleased with its performance and handling. For the price, its a great bike and has many of the exact same parts as Diamondbacks of its class or better.

You can always upgrade parts later at some point if you wish. Depending on your riding, the stock bike should handle it all well. I am 6'4 at 220 pounds and light as a feather on it. It supports me well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hey Joesph. What did you end up taking?