mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Decisions Decisions

I currently own a 2005 outlook in need of some TLC I am considering putting the work into converting it into a dj/urban/pump track bike.... Then I saw the assault and assault2 OMG what beautiful bikes but ouch the price tags 1200 for an assault 2 from ***** sportting goods. Ugh wut to do any suggestions guys?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I can tell you right now that the Outlook frame will not stand up to some of the rigors that DJ bikes are built for. It's a completely different bike. The outlook's geometry will lead to you not getting as much air (you can work at this, but still, the assault is ten times better for the application). Also, the welds and the tubing on the outlook frame may not be able to put up with that kind of stress.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    depends on what the specs are on the assault. Try the trek ticket!
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

Singletrack Slayer
    Ahhhhhh Your comparing a Outlook, park and pathway bike, to a DJ MTN bike. The outlook is not even a mtn bike!! It has all the wrong geo for any trail riding simple put! The Outlook is lowend alu frame made in China..The Assualt is higher end and made in Taiwan.

OMG If you don't know why the Assualt 2 cost $1200 and the Assualt 1 is $1700 then I don't know what to say lmao right now
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Seriously DavidNeiles ouch no need for the harshness i know the frame wouldn't take the stress for long and I understand why the assault is the price it is I'm just not used to seeing a diamond back in my area for more than 350 i would really love to have a nice DJ bike but i just don't have the extra money to throw around. The only trails i know of in my area are the Franke Park Trails I'm just getting into the sport and not ready to make such a huge financial commitment

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    bump nobody else has an opinion?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    buy the assualt...it's such a f***ing awesome bike. SOme guy at my local park was kind enough to let me take it for a spin such a nice ride, the only thing I didn't like about (it's just preference) the argyle didn't come with compression, it's just a regular coil argyle with no adjustment, not a big deal but I liked having compression when riding trails. You still get an argyle fork though which is a badass fork none the less.
    Last edited by savagenative; 07-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.