donkey

New question here. DB Mason dropout issue

Ever since day one on my Mason I've had issues with my wheel moving in the drop outs. It seems like the drops are just a little wider than 142mm, allowing the wheel to wander in the dropouts even with the thru axle tight.

Initially I thought it was my hub that was loose, but upon further problem solving I noticed that it was the outer lock nuts on my axle moving against the dropouts.

This leads to some ghost shifting and rotor drag. Has anyone else had this problem? Wheel movement in the drops has been consistent with several 142mm wheelsets.

If you are having this issue, resist the temptation to tighten your thru axle -- you may end up crushing a bearing.

Would love to hear from a DB representative! I love the bike, I would just like to solve this problem!

DB Mason dropout issue-img_0800.jpg

fan of maple syrup
    Zero such issues on mine. I'm running a Hope Pro II Evo FWIW, but I doubt hub choice will play a part in what you're discussing if you've tried a few.

When you say 'outer lock nuts' do you mean that little removable nut that the maxle tightens into? The thing that's a circle with a little slice taken off to keep it from turning? Mine's super snug, but it always pops out whenever I slide the maxle through the hub as I forget to hold it in place with my other hand.

I too hope they sort you out. It's an awesome frame, I love mine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Have you measured?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk and CM 10.2

donkey
    I haven't measured because I don't have calipers and i no longer work in a shop. with 135 qr drops it was easy to measure because you could just drop a spoke ruler in the drop outs... not sure how to get an accurate to the mm measurement with the thru axle