Dave's not here.

DB customer service is tops

I had one of my DB pedals fail on me during a ride recently and DB customer service sent me a sent of Redline sealed bearing pedals as a replacement. Nice looking set of pedals. The previous pedals are similar to Shimano pedals with loose bearings and the new ones feel much smoother.

It wasn't that much of a big deal because I have a set of Saints waiting to be installed, but I was going to beat the crap of the OE pedals before swapping them out. At first, they offered to replace the broken pedal with another one like it, but couldn't find one so they offered a set of the Redlines.
    Yo no hablo ingls

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Agreed. When I got my Haanjo Trail, I couldn't for the life of me get my disc brakes aligned properly, the tabs needed to be faced evenly. I called DB to inquire if it would be OK to have the carbon fork faced, they said they'd pay for the facing which they did. I'm super impressed with how helpful they are, very few companies offer that level of CS.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I dented a wheel because I'm an idiot who sucks.

Asked DB customer service for some specs to get right-replacement. They said "that sucks, we'll just send you a wheel."

That was cool and unexpected. New wheel came with wrong freehub (needed Shimano, came with XD) which sucked. And while their advice on how to swap the freehubs was wrong, it was dead easy to do so I'll give'em a pass.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Have a DB El Oso rear axle quick release broke. They ran me around in circles about availability of the part for 2 weeks. Said I would have to get one custom made. Whatt?? My lbs contacted them and had one from DB in 4 days. Each have their own opinions but I am not a fan. I have purchased 2 bikes sunce and neither were DBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Three bikes till today and they have helped me out better than expected. No complaints here

AKTXone
    Apr 2018
    Seriously they are the best! Had some issues with a Catch 1 and they took care of me like no other company. If you are debating between manufacturers for a bike go with Diamondback the customer service alone is worth it... you wont regret it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    My lbs didn't measure the bar and just went by the markings therefore cutting the bar 20mm to short. I contacted DB letting them know the marks are off and they are sending me a replacement bar. Excellent service.

mtbr member
    I have a 2016 Catch 2 that came with blue Blanchard wheels that matched the frame. About a year after I've had it the rear hub loosened up and enough dirt got in there to screw up the pawls. So I contacted DB and they said they would send me a whole new rear wheel. Shortly after that they emailed me back and said they didn't have any more of the blue wheels anymore because they've been producing the 2017 version of that bike so they asked if I would take a black rear wheel. I didn't care so much about the color so I said sure. An hour later they said they didn't want me riding around with mismatched wheels so they said they'll send me a whole new set (front and rear wheels). So long story short they addressed the bad hub issued I had with a set of brand new Blanchard 38R wheels. BTW, the original blue ones were 32R. So I'm more than happy with their service.
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2017 Salsa Bucksaw Carbon
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    I have a 2016 Catch 2 that came with blue Blanchard wheels that matched the frame. About a year after I've had it the rear hub loosened up and enough dirt got in there to screw up the pawls. So I contacted DB and they said they would send me a whole new rear wheel. Shortly after that they emailed me back and said they didn't have any more of the blue wheels anymore because they've been producing the 2017 version of that bike so they asked if I would take a black rear wheel. I didn't care so much about the color so I said sure. An hour later they said they didn't want me riding around with mismatched wheels so they said they'll send me a whole new set (front and rear wheels). So long story short they addressed the bad hub issued I had with a set of brand new Blanchard 38R wheels. BTW, the original blue ones were 32R. So I'm more than happy with their service.
    Wow! That's quite generous of them. Really cool.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamador View Post
    Wow! That's quite generous of them. Really cool.
    Indeed. What's even more cool is I also contacted Navatec, the maker of the rear hub, and they send me a new hub with new pawls. So all I had to do was replace the pawls in the busted hub with the new ones and it's been good ever since. So now I have 2 functional sets of wheels that I can use on my Catch, Mason, and I will do a fit check to see if it'll fit on my Pivot.
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

mtbr member
    I had an issue with my first Release 3. There was a a ding in the frame which they refunded me some money for. The rear cassette body wobbled and I had the pivot alignment problem. Because of the multiple issues they just asked me to send the bike back which they paid for the shipping and even sent me a replacement bike out before they even received the bad bike to ensure I was without a bike for the shortest amount of time possible.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I hope their good customer service continues because it looks like my bottom bracket may have gone out. It's creaking like crazy and is at the shop right now being looked at.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I hope their good customer service continues because it looks like my bottom bracket may have gone out. It's creaking like crazy and is at the shop right now being looked at.
    I wouldn't expect them to cover a consumable unless your bike is brand new?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    It's less than a year old. Seems awfully fast for a bottom bracket to go out. There's nothing I could do to wear it out faster either. It's all contained. It's not like a wheel or derailleur hanger you can dent through an accident.

mtbr member

Diamondback Torque Sheet?

Does anyone know if Diamondback publishes a torque spec sheet for all the various bolts on their bikes?
    2016 Pivot Mach 6 Carbon

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Yes. They have some on the site and you can call or get on chat they will send you what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    Does anyone know if Diamondback publishes a torque spec sheet for all the various bolts on their bikes?
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail