mtbr member
    Mar 2015

can someone help me identify this Diamondback?

So my cousin dropped this bike off to me because he moved out of the city and drives a car now. all he said is that it was a diamondback racing bike but i'd like to know what kind it is exactly. all I can tell is it is a 9 speed, has downtube shifters, has shimano engraved on the petals (idk if they are stock or not) and is a racing bike.

About how much would this bike be worth? it's in mint condition.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    My guess would be that it is a centurion. Made between 1980-1990. To be sure you would want to check the serial number engraved on the bottom side of the bottom bracket. Then a quick search on the Internet should yield more information. They made like 25 different models of centurion (excluding carbon models) ten of which in the 'racing category', so the serial number would be the easiest way to verify which one it is exactly. Regardless, the original price was around $600 new, and given its age you're probably looking less than $150 if you sold it, IMO. I have seen one or two on CL in the past year for $75-100. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester4 View Post
    My guess would be that it is a centurion. Made between 1980-1990. To be sure you would want to check the serial number engraved on the bottom side of the bottom bracket. Then a quick search on the Internet should yield more information. They made like 25 different models of centurion (excluding carbon models) ten of which in the 'racing category', so the serial number would be the easiest way to verify which one it is exactly. Regardless, the original price was around $600 new, and given its age you're probably looking less than $150 if you sold it, IMO. I have seen one or two on CL in the past year for $75-100. Hope this helps.
    yes it does help a lot thank you!