Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone here ride a DB Sync'r?

Does anyone know if the 2015 DB Sync'r has an air fork? If so I'm sold. Their website doesn't indicate what type of spring the fork has.

Diamondback Bicycles - Sync'r

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I would strongly assume so. but no guarantees. It's a very similar bike to the raleigh tokul 3- drivetrain aside, and the raleigh spec specifically states it's an xc32 solo air fork

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nope, it has the coil version of the XC32. I just picked mine up Friday. It's still an awesome riding bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Are you still liking it? I'm looking to pick this bike up and am about to pull the trigger.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarb View Post
    Are you still liking it? I'm looking to pick this bike up and am about to pull the trigger.
    Oh definitely. I tore my hair out for months trying to decide what bike to buy and finally pulled the trigger two weeks ago. I definitely made the right decision for me. The only problem I'm having is that it keeps raining off and on here in North Texas, so I can't ride as much as I would like to on the trails. Although, I did just get back from doing some street(curbs, small ledges and stairs) riding around Fort Worth. It's a really fun bike for just about everything. The only thing holding it back is me. Lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thats awesome! I finally had settled on the Sync'r and hearing that it was coil and not air bummed me out a bit, but you really finalized the fact that this is the bike i want.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah, I was bummed out it too. I actually had to call Diamondback to find out which fork the bike had on it. No one could tell me. Don't be too down about it, there's a solo air conversion for these forks. You just buy the air spring and it fits right into place where the coil was. The conversion is only like $60. I'll link you to the thread about it when I jump on my laptop.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Oh man thats not too bad at all especially considering its thru axle, thanks man! How does that slack frame feel riding?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    It's very agile, but not twitchy. It climbs pretty well, but it loves to go downhills and be whipped around turns. I feel very much in the bike instead of onto of it. The short stem and wide bars are awesome, but they can be changed if they're too wide for what you ride. You will have to upgrade the pedals, though. The stock ones are terrible and mostly place holders. I got performance to price match Jenson USA for $1080 for the bike, and they gave me $240 in worth of performance points on top of that. I lucked out and ordered the bike before double points week end, and when I went to pick it up in the store, they gave me double points on the original $1200 price tag. It's was a really sweet deal. So, I ended up getting the bike, a Camelback mule NV, new Fox gloves, and a ton of other stuff for $1080.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, OP here. I didn't know you were from north Texas, brucevilanch. I ride Northshore and Arbor Hills a lot. It would be cool if we can meet up for a ride sometime and I can see the bike in person
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm up for that. I just moved here a couple of months ago, and haven't made it to either of those places yet. I live about 5 minutes from gateway Park, and ride there during the week. Between all the rain we've had the last couple of months, Gateway and Sansom are the only places I've ridden so far.

mtbr member
    Yeah I hear you. The rain has been crazy and on top of that I have finals coming up in school so not much riding for me lately. Welcome to the area though! Where did you move from if you don't mind me asking?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks! Nah,the wife and I moved from North Alabama in January. Other than the damn rain, we love it here. haha

mtbr member
    Oh so you must have been close to the Appalachians right? I would assume the riding there is better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    haha yeah, my local trails there were at Lake Guntersville State Park. Which is locating in the foot hills of the Appalachians. I actually like the riding here more. It's a lot more flowy. It became more of a task riding in Alabama because pretty much every ride consisted of climbing for 2-3 miles to start, and then a quick down hill section. rinse and repeat. Mostly converted hiking trails, and really technical. Long climbs and lots of rock gardens on said climbs. I started riding 4 years ago, but I didn't ride for about a year before we moved, so I'm still building up my stamina again, but I'm definitely having more fun riding here than I did back there.

mtbr member
    I've lived in Texas my entire young life so I'm glad to hear you're enjoying here. I'll shoot you a PM if I'm ever interested in riding, feel free to do the same to me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah, sounds good. I'm going to try to ride Gateway tomorrow, if it's dried up enough. I do trail work with the FWMBA, and know how it feels to have to go through and fix ruts and other stuff left over from people riding while it's still too wet. I try to not contribute, but sometime I just can't resist. lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The bike came! It's one hell of a ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Glad you like it!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I've had my Sync'r for a few weeks now as well! Just threw on some Mavic Crossrides. One little upgrade made it SO much more playful. Really easy to manual and wheelie on the trails!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkissam View Post
    Hey guys, OP here. I didn't know you were from north Texas, brucevilanch. I ride Northshore and Arbor Hills a lot. It would be cool if we can meet up for a ride sometime and I can see the bike in person
    I know I'm kinda joining in on this thread a few weeks late, but I'm from East Texas!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Nice! Texas repping in here. haha

Anyways, I haven't really looked at the Mavics, but at that price point they look like an awesome deal. How are the hubs on them? Notice any difference over the stock hubs? I'm about to order WTB Frequency Team i25s for mine and have them laced up on the stock hubs.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brucevilanch View Post
    Nice! Texas repping in here. haha

Anyways, I haven't really looked at the Mavics, but at that price point they look like an awesome deal. How are the hubs on them? Notice any difference over the stock hubs? I'm about to order WTB Frequency Team i25s for mine and have them laced up on the stock hubs.
    Hubs seem like they're much stiffer, as far as steering goes. Feels a bit more precise if that makes sense? Also could be the straight pull spokes, etc... but they sure ride well! Haven't had any real chances to ride yet because of the non-stop rain and flooding I've been getting. I'm probably going to take my old hoops from the syncr and get them relaced to a 135mm hub so I can throw 'em on my rigid SS!

Semi related question - how much should labor be on getting a wheelset built at a LBS? How hard would it be for me to do?
    I'd rather be riding.

mtbr member
    Typically it's around $30 per wheel. You could do it yourself if you bought all the proper equipment and found a good tutorial, but I'm not sure if that's worth it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    $30 a wheel?! That sounds like a steal! Here in Fort Worth, I've been quoted $50 a wheel. I guess I need to shop around a little.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast