mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Anyone in the CO front range?

Hi all,
    I recently moved and was curious if anyone on the forum was in CO? I've been riding all over the front range and Trestle with my Catch 2 and see a lot of Diamondback Catch/Release/Mission bikes.

Best,
    David

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I'm up in the Roaring Fork Valley and ride my Release 5c all over this valley. I don't make it past Glenwood Springs much until after Labor Day 🤙

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I've seen a couple of the 5c's around Trestle, I think three in total. I'm over in Fort Collins. What are the go to trails in your area? I'm on a Green Catch 2 with a DHX2, and either 27.5+ or 29'er wheels depending on the mood... But here shortly I'll be adding another hook to the garage for another toy.

Light freak
    I am in the Denver/Golden area riding a 2017 Mission 2.0. Ride all the different Jeffco and Boulder trails during the week and the head west during the weekend. Just did Red Mountain Open Space a could of weeks for change, really enjoyed it.

Anyone in the CO front range?-img-1429.jpg

Also did Copper Mountain to Searle Pass right after that. Some great views on top.

Have not been up to the bike parks yet, seemed like everything was so dry and dusty. That should change after this week! Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride sometime.

Have you been up to Nederland yet?
    https://youtu.be/Tp5fj8HWaLE

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Glassier->Buckhorn Traverse->Buckhorn in Basalt is super fun high desert riding. Deadline in Sky Mountain Park near Snowmass. Snowmass Bike Park has great lift access DH and XC trails including brand new French Press. Grandstaff in Glenwood is a hoot with a fireroad climb. Boyscout loop for oldschool DH. Grandfather of Ginormous is a freeride wash trail. So many rad trails here and that only scratches the surface.

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Iím in Texas but I will be visiting Boulder area at the end of September and bringing my Release 2 along.

Light freak
    Anybody that wants to meet up and ride, I am game to show you some of the goods

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I always see Missions at Trestle. I'm the one sending Rainmaker on the silver Catch most weekends

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I may have caught you. Were you with a family last week, maybe the week prior. (Querynotfound)

I'm tentatively going to trestle again this weekend if it's not storming.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Nederland- no but I was actually looking today. Want to do it soon! And Lyons has some great trails too. And apex.

Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    I live this thread, this is what MTBR is all about, bringing riders together. Awesome guys, totally inspiring. Too bad I don't live in Colorado. Keep the stoke alive.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

Light freak
    DGrothen - yes Hall/Nelson and Picture Rock are a couple faves. Like doing Wapiti from the south also. Have you ever heard of the 4:50 Club up in Fort Collins? I have ridden with them in the morning (4:50am) a few times at Horsetooh Open Space. So much fun!! I organize some morning group rides down in the Golden area, we call out group FIFO (First In First Out) and start pedaling at 5am. For the most part, have the trails all to ourselves. Nothing like having the downhill uninterrupted

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Scar, I've heard about the 5am guys... makes me so thankful to have a job that I decide my schedule... I get out at 6/7 am when I do morning goes. I want to check out Hall soon, and I visited Hewlett Gulch last night but that IMHO simply isn't smart or safe for one person, who doesn't know the trail to go into at 6p. It's a very 'backcountry' feeling trail with massive overgrowth in parts and a real potential for issues with animals.

Light freak
    DGrothen - Let me know if you want to go "exploring" sometime. I love that!!

Been trying to organize a night ride out at Buffalo Creek before summer ends. Here is a video from last year - https://youtu.be/k5F5UX4rQhc

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I actually ride with a guy on a neon yellow bike