Heads up Flyboy!!

Another cracked frame

Here is a pic of my latest damage. I have finally decided to upgrade to Full Suspension with a 5" Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0 . This Picture is of Raliegh's Team Issue Kenisium frame. This is the forth frame I have cracked or bent in four years of riding. The first one I bent the rear chain stays, the next two I cracked the seat tube, and finally this one that I cracked behind the the headtube gusset on the downtube. If you look at my profile, the photo there is of ButterGap in the Pisgah National Forest, thirty minutes from my home.

Jeremy
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Is that where your frame cracked?

Is Butter Gap where your frame cracked?

Well, too bad you are having such bad luck with frame breakage.

My old Jamis Dakar Expert '99' was almost as solid as a tank. The shock mount at the frame squeeked when dirty, and while the bushings remained tight (good) over three years use, they were always a bit sticky (not so good- though in this case I'll take the good with the bad!). The new bearing models should be sweet! A new Dakar was on my frame upgrade dreamlist until the Ellsworth Joker XC showed up for $599... Single pivot simplicity has always been tantalizing... (the suspension action seems better than my old Jamis...prob due to Jamis old style bushings).

My advice, If you like the Jamis Dakar buy it, they are a great bike. Probably won't break either.

Heads up Flyboy!!

actually

Actually I had drove to Tanasi over in Tennessee which is about 2.5 hrs away from Asheville,NC and the Pisgah National Forest. I was actually on a flat, although very rocky trail for about 5 minutes when it happened. Its Ironic. I usually drive about 5-10 minutes to ride for 5-6 hrs. Then I drive 5 hrs( round trip) for 5 minutes worth of ridin. The new XLT's come with the SPV shocks on the front and rear as well this year. I'm sure I'm gonna be very happy with it.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Stickers

Mountaingoatepics,
    Where did you get that sticker that's on the side of your frame? I've been looking for old WWII Pin up girl stickers everywhere and can't find any.
    Last edited by Mellow Yellow; 04-12-2004 at 10:27 PM. Reason: add to message
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

Heads up Flyboy!!

No Longer Trusted!!

I talked with my rep for the area. He said he could only get me a M80 frame to replace the Team Issue even though I had paid for a upgrade to the M800 2 yrs ago. He said his hands were tied that the big wigs at Raleigh did not want to give me another frame at because they were suspisious. Yea, its the 4th Raleigh I've broken. They say they have sold thousands and not had a problem. I'll say, your probably right because most people who ride 35-45 mile epic rides every weekend, do endurance mountain bike races, and ride trails as rough as Pisgah at some type of speed don't ride a damned Raleigh!!! I've carriered their name as far as I'm going to and will not longer defend them when I hear someone else trash their bikes.