It was time to tear down my 2010 Mission 1 and clean or lube everything in sight. After a year of riding and 300 miles on AZ trails, there was dust in every nook and cranny. I thought it would be a good idea to share what I did with pics. The entire rear end was taken apart, the bearings were cleaned and I added new grease. I started another thread a little bit ago asking about bearings being seized up but after I serviced them and reassembled the bike, it rides much smoother, like new. The back end is real plush again. The derailleurs were cleaned and lubed, however I also had to replace the little wheels on the x-7, they were cracked. I got some off of amazon for 20 bucks. The wheels got new grease and new stans, that stuff drys quick here in the heat. I also changed out the stupid 105mm stem for a 60mm raceface stem. I did a bunch of other little things that I can't remember at the moment. Basically, everything got touched except for bleeding the brakes and servicing the shocks, they all work fine so I'm not in a hurry to get that done. The bike rides like it is fresh out of the box. Maintenance is definitely key! Here are a bunch of pics.
This is before I started the tear down. She is nice and dirty.
Marked the blackspire stinger so I can realign it again later.
New grease in the rear suspension bearings. Enduro uses cheap grease, this stuff is much better.
Putting the dust seal back on the bearing. Yes, I did clean off the excess grease.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »