Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,886

    5C owners quick question

    Did your C come with the SRAM Eagle Rear Derailleur Chain Gap Adjustment Gauge? Have or did you need it? Thanks

    5C owners quick question-sram-eagle-rear-derailleur-chain-gap-adjustment-gauge.jpg
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: lpxaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    59
    Mine did not come with it, I did buy one though.
    Sram Eagles are super sensitive to adjustments

  3. #3
    Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by lpxaudio View Post
    Mine did not come with it, I did buy one though.
    Sram Eagles are super sensitive to adjustments
    Thanks lpxaudio, that's what I figured but it was a shot in the dark.

    I'll never understand why companies sell bike with components that require specific tools for setup, yet don't provide said tools. UGH! F#@KING BIKE INDUSTRY!
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forealz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    110
    you can get one on amazon from worldwide cyclery for 5.99 ordered one myself the other day

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Thanks lpxaudio, that's what I figured but it was a shot in the dark.

    I'll never understand why companies sell bike with components that require specific tools for setup, yet don't provide said tools. UGH! F#@KING BIKE INDUSTRY!
    It's actually pretty odd DB doesn't include them given how much else they include in their packaged bikes.

  6. #6
    Yeah, I'm that a$$hole.
    Reputation: Guy.Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeb View Post
    It's actually pretty odd DB doesn't include them given how much else they include in their packaged bikes.
    Agreed, right?!

    That maybe more where my frustration lies. If it were the Big S or someone else, I would probably be less annoyed. DB seems to think of a lot of the small stuff and like others have noted, the Eagle stuff is very sensitive to setup.

    Like others have mentioned its only $6, its more the principle than the money.

    Thanks everyone.
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5C
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forealz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeb View Post
    It's actually pretty odd DB doesn't include them given how much else they include in their packaged bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Ford View Post
    Agreed, right?!

    That maybe more where my frustration lies. If it were the Big S or someone else, I would probably be less annoyed. DB seems to think of a lot of the small stuff and like others have noted, the Eagle stuff is very sensitive to setup.

    Like others have mentioned its only $6, its more the principle than the money.

    Thanks everyone.
    Well my guess is...those pieces are included with the retail kits and not large pallet orders of cassettes.

    Also, when I bought my Santa Cruz Hightower LT, I also didn't get one from my shop. My guess is the above.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-21-2018, 06:18 AM
  2. Quick Question (kinda quick?)
    By Giorgioc722 in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 07:34 AM
  3. Quick BB question for the Epic owners
    By chuckeieio in forum Specialized
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM
  4. Quick question for surly lht owners, rear hub size??
    By SteveJfromtheSwitch in forum Surly
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 12:35 PM
  5. Quick question for 1st gen Flatline owners
    By Norcoshore1 in forum Rocky Mountain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 08:05 PM

Members who have read this thread: 35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.