Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2015 models are up! What does everyone think?

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  badfishRU12 
#1 ·
Look like DB put up all the 2015 models on the web site. I am still drooling over that new DB8! For the most parts I don't see too many changes to the old models. New colors are cool and some changes like stans wheels instead of easton and looks like a complete swap across the board from WTB tires to mostly Kenda and a few Schwalbe. There is even a new model called Atroz which, to me looks like the 27.5 equivalent to the Recoil series. I also see the deletion of a couple models like Sortie black and there is only one Mason FS model this year.

What do the rest of you think?

#2 ·
Looking like a solid lineup from DB. Diamondback Bicycles - Mountain for any lazy people like me, haha.

They really put M615 brakes on the DB8 though? Should have at least put on M785s or Zee. Well, I guess it's better than anything Avid...I think the M615s at least take the Ice Tech pads? Rest of that bike seems awesome. If I ever buy a full on DH bike, it's going to be one of those.

Really like the Atroz, dunno why they didn't just call it the Recoil 27.5. I wonder if 27.5 wheels will fit on my 26" Recoil Comp. Frame looks exactly the same. Rear would work, but not sure about fork clearance. I'll probably just leave it 26" and avoid any issues. Those will be fun beginner FS bikes just like the old 26" Recoils.

Money permitting (so probably not in 2015, haha), I think it would be sweet to buy an Axis Sport (or maybe Hook/Line) and build it up to a sweet hardtail. Something for long, smooth rides where my RC is just going to be heavy and overkill. The new Hook/Line/Sync'r line looks really cool though. I suppose a Sync'r would fit the bill, but also work on some more stout trails and jump lines.

I have eyes on the new Airborne 27.5 AM bike down the road too, so I guess I could possibly even sell my RC if I do get a hardtail and AM. I dunno though, the Recoil is a really fun bike, and I suppose it could fill a gap between a 100mm hardtail and 150mm AM, but that Sync'r looks like a blast straight out of the box.

#4 ·
No disrespect to the Goat but the DB pros have been riding a prototype of the DB8 for a few years instead of the scapegoat. I'm not a downhiller and haven't ridden either but I think that's shows just cause for discontinuing the model.

#5 ·
The signed riders will ride whatever DB tells them to. Scapegoat was a freeride bike, the DB8 is a downhill bike. Apparently the '15 Mission Pro was supposed to replace it, but that is just a high spec AM bike, which is still very capable, but not a 'Goat replacement. My guess is they didn't sell enough so they got discontinued. Based on what the DB8 is supposed to cost ($3500) though, it'd be sweet in the future to see a Scapegoat style bike in that price range, may be more popular.

I will say that the DB8 is definatley a capable freeride bike though. :)

#9 ·
I am actually most excited for the Hook, Line, and Sync'r. For folks just starting out in MTB riding, and can't be convinced to jump to a higher pricepoint, these seem like a much better entry to the sport than the XC oriented hardtails that dominate the entry market.

#11 · (Edited)
Few of the 2015 models now up on Jenson. That Sync'r is looking really nice, really wanting one. As much as I love my RC, it is pretty heavy and major parts (mainly wheels and non-tapered 9mm fork) aren't gonna be compatible on any new bike.

Even though it's a hardtail, I feel the Sync'r would be a good upgrade in bike now. Really wish they had them a few years ago, would have probably bought one instead of my RC. I could build it up over time, then maybe cannibalize some parts for a future 27.5 FS trail bike build (27.5 Sortie, FS Mason, or even FS Sync'r frame for 2016 pleeeease :D), and put the stock parts back on the Snyc'r to have two awesome bikes.

#12 ·
I'm not too surprised with the Goat going away, but I'm moderately surprised with the slopestyle/4x going away. Both are niche markets given the capabilities of the new Mission and the release of the DB8. Though, interestingly, I think the Slopestyle/4x still might've had a small business case. It was a cheaper alternative to the p-slope and the ticket-s, but still rides very well. In the grand scheme of things though, I think it makes more business sense to drop both of those frames.

-joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.