Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2015 Diamondback DH8 (new downhill bike)

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  elliott436 
#1 ·
First Look: Diamondback's Affordable Downhiller - the 2015 DB8 - Pinkbike

As a Diamondback fan who would eventually love to try out and get into DH riding, this new bike from Diamondback looks amazing. I was kind of sad when they discontinued the Scapegoat as their DH/FR type bike, but I guess it was to make way for this. I still like the 7 inch 'Goats though.

At the price, this thing is an absolute steal. You could pick it up with a Mission/Sortie 1 or 2, both brand new for the price of some of some top end bikes out there (like say, a new Scapegoat if they made it, haha). I know I'd rather have two great bikes for different riding than one really great bike for only one type of riding (in my case, an awesome Recoil Comp, which is only becoming more awesome :)).

Thumbs up to Diamondback for being awesome.

Can't wait to hear/see more of this thing.

#4 ·
Definitely going to add one of these to the stable for next year considering I live 10 mins from Highland Mountain Bike Park. I brought the Sortie 2 up there one day and had a blast but, I think I would def split my time between the park and the trails more with a bike like the DB8. Wouldn't mind saving my legs and my asthmatic lungs from a few climbs to rip some fun downhills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.