mtbr member
    Oct 2011

2012 Mission Pro

So anyone have any saddle time in the Mission Pro yet? it looks like a beast and ready to shred some mountains. Im pretty set on buying a Mission as my AM rig. just not sure if i want to shell out 4700 on the Pro or just go with an older model. But i really do like the look of the Pro, anyways, whats your takes on the Missions. I am a fan of the knucklebox suspension, if you had to choose a bike with a budget in mind, what would you choose and why? when i mean bike, i really meant to say Mission. So as in year and what type of Mission. Just curious to what the masses think.

Singletrack Slayer
    Love my 2011 M4 Solid bike and can do it all. I would go for the new 2012 because of the rear thru axle and each model has a Fox 36 which is the size fork that frame needs Go for the new Pro. I believe it will available soon
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    yeah its already available, and it is one mean lookin bike. what exactly is the rear thru axle and why is it better? I think im going to wait till next summer. gonna save up a little more, hopefully try to let the price go down too lol.

Singletrack Slayer
    You sure they are? every year it takes till like April to get a highend bikes available.... U don't know what a thru axle is???
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    unfortunately not.. still learning, thats why i bought the recoil comp to start off with until i get more into it to get an AM rig. yeah its available online at some bike shops for 4700, maybe it takes a while to get them in the stores? anyways so whats the relevance of the thru axle, by your expression it must be something big haha. please enlighten me

More Riding Less Internet
    I've been on a Mission Pro for a while now and while I am the most biased person in the Diamondback forum, The 2012 is worth the wait. The thru axle rear stiffens up the bike a ton, which was my complaint with the old bike. A thru axle is an ovesized axle that threds into the frame itself to stiffen the rear end of the bike over a typical quick release system. The ironic part is that this thru axle is actually faster and easier to use than a typical quick release system! I tend to be really hard on my bikes and the Mission hasn't complained yet. Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

-KT
    Diamondback Development Force.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thom9719 View Post
    I've been on a Mission Pro for a while now and while I am the most biased person in the Diamondback forum, The 2012 is worth the wait. The thru axle rear stiffens up the bike a ton, which was my complaint with the old bike. A thru axle is an ovesized axle that threds into the frame itself to stiffen the rear end of the bike over a typical quick release system. The ironic part is that this thru axle is actually faster and easier to use than a typical quick release system! I tend to be really hard on my bikes and the Mission hasn't complained yet. Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

-KT
    How much stiffer is the142 rear compared to the QR models in your opinion of course. I have heard that some of the flex in the rear comes from the seat stays not connecting to the seat post but to the upperlink mount. Oh, do you have any other photo's, bike looks sweet. Only pics out there seem to be Interbike photos

More Riding Less Internet
    Its noticably stiffer to me. However, I am 6'3, 200 lbs, and a pro DH racer. I'm hard on my bikes and push them to (and sometimes past!) their limits. I find flex in most bikes out there. I know people who don't notice any flex in the 2011 and older missions, so it depends on your physical size and riding style. I would say if you have the option, hop on a 2011 for a ride and see what you think. If you don't notice any flex, great! If you do, the 2012 is stiffer and will solve the issue.

I don't have to many photos of the bike (which is why I threw that one up). I'll try to grab some shots of it tonight if I remember when I get home.

-KT
    Diamondback Development Force.

mtbr member
    Hey KT put in a good word for me I want to get a 142 rear end for my 2010 Mission......pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That's good to hear that the rear got stiffened. I could feel the flex in the earlier models. I really enjoyed the mission, even though I put a 66 on it. What size is the head tube?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thom9719 View Post
    Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

-KT
    Do you know the weight on the Mission Pro?