Guys cross posting from the AM Bike thread- 2012 DiamondBack Scapegoat. Been the best bike since day one, its goen through two different iterations- first it was a lite DH rig with a Marz 2013 66 - ROCKED! Then I decided I loved to ride it so much I got the 2012 Suntour Durolux forks for lighter weight. No weight but unofficially I think its around 32-34lbs.
Not much to say about components:
1) FOX DHX Air 5.0 - this is a great shock that has handled my 240lbs very well with a wide range of adjustment. Also flame me now but I attach my gopro to the piggy back on the shock for a great POV. I like its our of the way and way more stable compared to chest mount or handlebars.
2) Suntour Durolux 2012 RC2 - 180. No travel adjust needed, again this fork has tons of adjustable range for me and its a good deal lighter than my 66 (but the 66 is a boss fork and I won't be parting with it soon - just need a new frame for it) - not sure what that puts my HA at but it rides very well.
3) running 1x10 (30 x 11-36) plenty of range except on the steepest stuff so its grind grind grind. I have a 28 I use on longer rides that eases the effort some.
4) 40mm Spank Spoon stem with 800mm Kore Torsion bars. Great combo for me and gives me exactly the handling I like both up and down.
5) Specialized Blacklite dropper- love it. Mechanical, no issues even for a heavier rider. Would love for them to reverse the internals and come out with a stealth model. I have owned KS, Big Horn and they never gave me issues minus in cold weather (live in Utah) and they were difficult to service. Blacklite is so easy to service.
6) My wheelset is nothing special- LOCO Wheelset from performance bikes 5 years ago. The front rim I replaced last year first time. Rear rim almost to the replacement stage. Next week will be its last ride in Moab and then I will rebuild it. Rear hub engagement is still sharp- but I think I will also start researching new wheelset replacements soon and use this one as the backup.
7) After that its various bits and pieces- my seat is a WTB speed play from 6 years ago- love it but its almost due to be replaced.
Anyways guys enjoy.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: 2012 Diamondback Scapegoat
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »